Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I responded to a CL add and ended up picking up a John Deer 110 (not round fender).
The hood says 110 Hydraulic Lift, however this could have been a part that was sourced elsewhere.

Model: T0362
SN: 260276

Now, what I am finding. I picked this up mid-rebuild. The engine was gone through and that is pretty evident by the cleanliness and the parts bags that I do have that came w/ the tubs of parts. :) Now my son and I are trying to piece this back together, mounting things up wise. We are stumped with the hydraulic pump and how this thing fits back together. Is there any take a part manuals online or could someone share some detailed pics with the hood up.

I'm also thinking that this may in fact be a 112 that has a wrong hood or something.

thanks for any pointers

·
Registered
1989 318
3,140 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry, I do not have any insight on what you have, if you post pic's that is very helpful. Where are you located? Tom -Rockford, IL

·
Registered
602 Posts
Did you mistype the model? It is invalid.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Not sure about type code but SN makes it about a '72 or '73. '73 112 (260,001 +) had 12 HP Kohler and electric lift only. '72 110 (SN 260,000 +) had 10 HP Kohler and hydraulic lift was still an option.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Not sure how legit that is, but sent you a PM (conversation)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Thinking you may have transposed two of the digits in the model ID code you posted as T0632 was the model ID code for a 1972 Model 110 with hydraulic lift and 10HP Kohler engine. As for the quality of any aftermarket non-OEM printed manual it is anyone's guess. Personally I don't advocate buying non-OEM produced manuals when the OEM is still producing them. The problem I have found with some of the newer document printings is that the pictures in them are not as clear as the ones found in the original 1970s printings. Its like they scanned in the pictures from an older paper document because they no longer had the original pictures to import. Same can be said for the non-OEM manuals. For what it's worth, the vast majority of JD service manuals being sold on eBay right now that cater to older tractor models are not OEM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Huge thanks @lt230s and all, great community to be in contact with. Yes @bobd you are correct. In my late night post I did in fact transpose the digits. Actual details are

Model: T0632 (as you indicated)
SN: 260276 M
Kohler: K241AS
SN: 9711082

We are sure anxious to get this thing up and running again. I told my son that is helping me I'd get him some new tires for his JD-111 once we get this one going (a little incentive - hehe).
By any chance has anyone here taken one of these 110s all the way apart? Is there a gasket / rubber seal down at the bottom by the drain plug? I have metal (engine) to metal (frame) and am wondering if there is a seal im missing down there, before we mount everything back up 100% :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts