Weekend Freedom Machines banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
It is kind of funny that the other side of the jugs do have surface rust! The tin I think will go through the parts washer and then I might bake before painting to get all the oil out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
An update on the 400 project. It’s taken me a while to get parts in, shipping is slow. Took the pistons out, some damage to the top, got there just in time. New pistons and rings, did the valves, good cleaning and am getting her sorted. Cleaned up points, will time when I get her running. Got my brand new driveshaft in, endless thanks to generous member here who helped me out! Got my tru power tires in and to the shop where they’ll be loaded with beet juice. Will probably paint the seat/fender pan before I reassemble but won’t do a total restoration just yet. Mostly geared on getting her running and working out the rest of the kinks. Figured a new starter while I had the motor out. Got the Ruegg 3 pt on, am super happy to have H3 to run that independently of the front. Got to clean up the oil on the frame and tighten everything up. New idler pulley for the pto. So things are coming along little by slow. Should have the motor off the bench in a few days so that will free up some space. That’s a heavy motor! So all is well on the Deere farm! Pics in a few days when I have something to look at! Cheers

61 - 63 of 63 Posts