Weekend Freedom Machines banner

Model 42 blade

4K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  ray_sutton 
Nice job on the blade, Roger. With your hard surfaced drive I think the wheels will work well. You probably will get a chance to try them out soon and let us know for sure.

You always come up with good original ideas for improvements for "real world" use. My son's blade came without the skids too. He had these truck body mount washers that resemble the skids. We used a carriage bolt with the square shoulder turned to round and a couple nuts to mount them. The unthreaded shoulder was long enough to jam the nut and let the washer float. We have gravel drives so nothing like this works well, but better than nothing.

tommyhawk

Roger, what we used came from the bottom side of the rubber "donut" cab mounts from a GM pickup. I don't what year these came from but the ones on my old '93 Silverado standard cab look just like them.
We let them rotate on the bolt. Haven't used the blade enough to see how long they will last. Might not last long on blacktop or concrete!

tommyhawk

Ha, Ha! Your brain was turned on, the fingers just weren't paying attention.
I was wondering if you had considered mounting the wheels you have inboard a little farther to clear the tires. If you add to the length of the mount, maybe it could be done without adding any more holes to the blade. Clear as mud, eh? My brain may not be in gear right now!

tommyhawk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.