Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
Thinking about adding a snow blower to the attachment shed for the 1986 Model 430. Currently working with the 54” snow blade.
What model and mounting pieces do I need to attach this if I can locate one?
If you have pictures of the unit set up on a 430/420....thank you!

·
Registered
630 Posts
There are 2 styles of the 47 blower that will work on your 430, the older style and the newer quick attach style. The newer quick attach style is much lighter, that is the one that we always used. The correct quick hitches for a 420,430 are getting hard to find though. You will also need the frame and PTO extensions for it to work on a 430.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
one more photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
You need:
  • frame extension. This clicks into the front of the chassis to extend the mounting point a few inches so the generic Quick Hitch mount can be fitted
  • Quick Hitch mount
  • front PTO extension. This is a shaft, bearing and small cross-member that bolts in front of the front PTO pulley to bring the shaft out to where the snow blower shaft can reach it
  • snow blower

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one more photo.
Ok Great!! I have the frame extension which is being used to mount the 54” snow plow. Check on that piece. Does anyone have a picture of the PTO extension? I thought I picked that up when I got the frame extension.... it’s “out in the shop somewhere” like everything else.... I think? I’ll probably find it and four other MIA tools! I hope.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Here is a photo of the PTO extension.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a photo of the PTO extension.
Outstanding....and thank you for the pictures. I do have that piece. Now I suspect the hunt begins for a “refridgerator” type Model 47 or perhaps a quick attach unit. Does anyone know if both blower sections are the same? Is one type built better than the other? Newer vs older style.

·
Registered
630 Posts
The older style blowers are built a lot heavier than the newer quick attach blowers, but either one will last a very long time.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The newer style as shown in the picture above is arguably the one to have if you have the choice, as I believe it's a bit lighter than the first type. Your tractor will likely need rear weights. I have 375# in rail fish plates on my 3pt linkage which is fine for flat work but a bit marginal on my neighbor's uphill-from-the-street driveway

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The newer style as shown in the picture above is arguably the one to have if you have the choice, as I believe it's a bit lighter than the first type. Your tractor will likely need rear weights. I have 375# in rail fish plates on my 3pt linkage which is fine for flat work but a bit marginal on my neighbor's uphill-from-the-street driveway
That is great insight. I have the opposite...our driveway is downhill from the house which is generally the direction i plow out and across the street. Neighbors drive way is flat. I have to say the plow makes quick work of the process overall. The hardest part for all of us, I suspect, is blasting through complementary mess the township plowing adds to our aprons off the street. I need to get to it quick before that freezes otherwise I am chooched for sure.

My wife just "qualified" on our John Deer 828D snow blower which I sometimes use for the sidewalks.......however......the 54" power angle blade makes that a 3 minute swipe verses letting my Mrs. enjoy the screaming 828D blowing snow like a steam train through the winter Rockies!!!🤣🤣

Risks....Rewards....JD FUN!

I am wondering if anyone might know theJD Part#'s and have pictures of the Quick Attach setup for the MX430? I suspect I will still need the current Frame extension and PTO adapter to go with the Quick Attach set up.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yes, you will still need both the extensions for the quick attach blower. Here are a couple more photos that I had, The quick hitch and long PTO shaft in the 2 photos are not correct for a 420 or 430, it is for a 425-455. I thought I had a photo of a 420-430 hitch but I do not.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
I believe this is the part number for the 420-430 quick hitch BM18122 . And I think the part number for the correct driveshaft is AM123630.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts