Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, On my 318, the outside hydraulic lever does not have float postion, but the inside lever does. I was thumbing through the snowblower manual last night and it said the inside handle is used to operate front mounted attachments since it has the float feature. Sitting on the seat, I have the blower connected to the 2 quick connects on the left side and use the outside handle. I tried connecting the blower to the right side quick connects but I can't get the inside lever to move the blower. How do you guys have yours connected? My 318 has two levers for hydraulics.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Bob,

Does your inside lever actually move back and forth? You should be able to push the inside lever far enough forward that you can see and feel it snap into the float position. It is very common for the inside lever and valve to get stuck from lack of use- On some tractors used for mowing only the inside lever probably hasn't been touched in years.

Mike

·
Registered
122 Posts
My 318 only used the outside lever for the mower deck. I finally got a blade for it and the out side lever was used for the angle portion. I used my inside lever but it wouldn't move the blade up and down.

I took the linkages off of the levers and they moved fine. Next, the spider web affect of removing the hydraulic pump/valve. I removed it and took the screw out and cleaned it real well and lubricated it. Works GREAT now. All it took was a small hit with the hammer on the top of the valve cylinder and it unfroze. I couldn't get in a position to do it when it was mounted (which would have been nice) but none the less it is now free.

Now I bought a blower for the 322 and I know that both levers work. Just have to figure out how the belt runs on the front from the tractor to the blower.

·
Banned
101 Posts
I am going to run my blower lift from the outside lever, the lane is pretty flat and the inside lever is tight and blaster doenst even make it easier, the cylinder mount looks like it has a few inches of free travel in the slot on the blower.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike, When my dad had the tractor, the blower was ran with the outside lever. I don't think he had any trouble with it. I just noticed in the book that the inside lever is to be used for front mounted attachments so thats the one I use. To be honest, I don't think it makes much difference, especially on a flat driveway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 317 works with either lever. The difference, like with the 318, is that the inside lever has the float position. The float is optimal for using a snowblower or a blade for snow removal.
You would want to use the outside lever on a blade where you want to apply down pressure.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Bob and Mike,

The 49 blower has float built into the linkage to accomodate H1 tractors (140H1, 312, 314, 316 Late) that did not have a float function. You should be fine.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Hi there Bob, do as Jamie suggests. Try switching the hoses. They do not work if they are backwards. The inside lever is the one I use, and the float comes in handy.

If it's still no go... something is wrong with your hydraulics on that side.

Kent

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.