Weekend Freedom Machines banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I made a bracket to hold that chute rotator, I was going to add that bottom hole (did drill my bracket), but it gets down below the fender deck and the deck should hold it. If not I will add the hole.

If you have a chain breaker you can get a 10' chain at the farm store and have enough to make 2 chains. (just get an extra splice link).

@gabby_in_wis I believe there is such l thing as a roller chain wear gauge. But it looks like you need one for any size chain you want to measure.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I repacked the gear box yesterday and got it mounted for a first test (minus the rotator rod bracket) today. The tensioner had me puzzled for a minute until I saw it needed rotated over. It seems like there is a stop built into the tensioner when inline with the belt that is not there when pushed slightly in or out. Pushing it slightly to the rear seems to put it inline enough not to throw the belt and gives proper tension. I should really get a manual...

The auger does rotate when I flip on the PTO, although I'm so used to an old rattle box 37A I didn't think it was rotating at first as you can't hear it.

Picture added just because everyone likes pictures.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
zmace Check conversations. Bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry about the link. I do not know what changed on this site. I can no longer copy and paste the URL. I deleted that and used the "insert link" button. Info inserted with green text and underlined the way it used to. Admin, what changed or am I doing something wrong.
That link looks link it's to your PC.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That would sure be the quick and easy way to attach it. I think I'm going to try my hand at making a bracket, but it's good to have a plan B.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Hope this helps out. Be careful the radiator is close behind those bracket bolts.
View attachment 270597 View attachment 270602
Did you see the error on this page of the parts catalog. Tractor and snow thrower shown at top of page is a 400 with model 50 snow thrower. Many parts are interchangeable between model 49/50 but the drive units are different.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts