Bought this model 50 snow thrower in Minnesota a couple weeks ago.
- Serial number G050H400561M
- H in s/n makes it a 1979 manufacture date
- Unit is in rough shape. Unsure if it will be restored or scrapped. I don't like scrap these early machines but they are expensive to restore and difficult to recoup restoration costs.
- Sheet metal parts are rusty and damaged. Some of the parts will be reworked for restoration. Some will be replaced with parts from a another parts model 50 I have.
- Auger is locked ... have not investigated cause.
- Don't know condition of gear box.
- Skid shoes are wore but can weld wear material to the shoes to reuse.
- Cutting edge appears to be in good condition.
- Mount is oily and needs cleanup but appears to be in good condition.
- Chute has a plate added to inside ... ??
- Hydraulic rotator cover is pretty rusty. Unsure of condition of parts under the cover.