Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! I need some advice. I have a model 70 that I have been redoing and it is looking great. I fired it up the other day for the first time and it ran a little rough but I believe it is because of the carburetor. It leaks and over all isn't in great shape. I have replaced the seals that I can find from JD but it still leaks a bit. The "plastic swivel connector" piece that the fuel line hooks to is split. I was able to get one from JD and the guys said the old one pops right out with a little leverage. They lied I guess because it’s now a total mess. Does anyone know if/where I can purchase another carburetor? It is for a VH70. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Have you tried these for Tecumseh parts?

Mymowerparts.com
m-and-d.com
esfdirect.com
Partstree.com

You may search E-Bay or try [email protected]. Being in Johannesburg, South Africa, the fee charged by the latter was a bargain. Through an expert as was advised on the required part numbers and pointed me to the above sites. I found the parts I needed to restore a V70 in my 1972 John Deere 56.
Good Luck

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great info. I didn't know about those sites but will be sure to check them out. I lost out on a carb on ebay last night. It went for way more that I wanted to give. I stopped at $40 and it went for close to $75. I will continue the search as I am sure one will turn up. I'll let you know. Thanks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.