Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know if there's an after market decal available for a model 70 grill. This would be the decal that's a black band & has the Logo in silver at the center. It wraps around the grill just under the hood.

I can get this from my dealer but the cost is really high. I think it is now over $40.

Also, my model 70 is a round fender tractor, so why is it not listed with the other round fender tractors in the round fender sub catageory of the forum. I'm just curious about that. Thanks

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Gerald my dealer gets $30.57 for the same decal. When I painted my 70s front I painted the black part and went to the parts man and he found a matching JD logo in the right size and a color I liked and it was about $8. I agree with Terry it is Lawn Tractor versus Garden Tractor with the RF term. I think you can see the decal in the picture. Roger

·
Banned
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roger- Thanks for the tip. I think I might go the same way. I will need to make a trip to my dealer's parts Dept. & see if they can help locate the Deere logo like yours.

There was this lady who recently retired from my dealer's parts Dept. I won't mention her name here. But that lady had about 40 years with JD & most of it in the parts dept. She was just great at tracking down vintage parts & locating parts for me from other dealers around the country. I would bring a list of vintage parts to the parts dept. & the younger people behind the counter would just stare at me & the list. Then I would ask her for her help & while it might have taken a while, if there was one left on somebody's shelf she would get it for me. She retired to south carolina. So all is not lost because I'm selling my house here in NY & moving to SC as well. I just can't figure out if the newer or younger people at the dealership, just don't care, or are just poorly trained. It's like if it's older than ten years old, it's a mystery to them. That's really too bad for them & us. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.