Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this cart that was for sale locally on CL. Previous owner, probably in his 60's, said it was his dad's and that he repainted it to match a Deutz-Allis tractor he had. Besides typical surface rust it's in nice shape.

I'm considering repainting it, but kinda like the idea of keeping it as is. No shortage of nicely restored 80 carts but can't be too many in D-A green. Hope you all enjoy this oddity!

IMG_3979.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Looks sorta cool Jake

·
Registered
159 Posts
A lot of our farm equipment is Deutz Allis... I like it! If I had a Deere one I'd trade you for it! Keep it that way!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Each time I check out this thread I want to say leave it like it is! Probably one of a kind. If you need to use it, it's ready to go. Keep it inside and empty and it will last a lifetime.
On the other hand a nicely restored one to be taken to shows will not receive as many looks and fun conversations as this one would as is. Had it come from your Dad or Grandpa it probably wouldn't even be in your thoughts to change it.
But it is yours and you will decide what's best to do. (Hope I have influenced you to keep it "as is" though cause it's just too cool !) :cool:

tommyhawk

·
Premium Member
8,177 Posts
Kevin,

Do you have a list of serial numbers for 80 carts that is year specific? As far as I have been able to determine the only year-specific determination that can be made is the 1968 cart -- it had a brass tag (last year for that...) and a type code of E900 (first year for that.) Otherwise I only see ranges quoted for serial numbers.

Later foil tags had a four digit date codes that take the form of week of manufacture and year...but those did not have "serial numbers" and many carts could bear the same date code.

Please let the forum know if you have more official resolution on year model of the serialized carts as there would be a fair amount of interest in it. Thanks!

Chuck

·
Registered
158 Posts
Chuck there is no list and what you have stated is all that is known about the years of the carts. Roger
Officially what Chuck has was published years ago by Deere, and officially that is all that is known about the years. What I have accumulated over the past 7 years is my own list of serial #'s and years. I think there was an explanation on either this forum or another tractor forum of the years and serial #'s that I posted years ago. I have noticed there has been a lot of misinformation posted on some of the forums about the years and tags and small details about the carts that distinguish each cart with the year.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Type E0901 Serial# 046465M. Does the E0901 make it a patio cart?
The E0901 doesn't make it a patio, the serial # CAN make it patio. You can have a patio with an E0900 or E0901. Patios were only made from 69-71. With the majority of them being made in 69. serial#'s 028000M thru 038000M is where most of the patios where built. Your # would be a 71 and it could have patio decals on a green cart.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Funnydirt,

Your claims are very interesting. Just for the sake of discussion, if you don't mind, here is my theory:

Deere could have possibly made patio E0900 until they realized patios weren't selling. So, they switched the # to E0901 BEFORE all the white carts were numbered. Maybe they made more patios than E0900 tags and just put the new E0901 tags on the remaining patios. It's basically speculation at this point, but if we share the numbering info, we might get it figured out for the most part. If you feel you've got this figured, that's fine-I'm not close.
If it is me your referring to as posting conflicting info, please let me know, as I will certainly go back and address it. I've shown this forum the list I have. It has one E0901 as a patio, but it wasn't confirmed a true patio. So, I can't say I know of one, yet.
Can we be on the same page, here? I am willing. Good day, sir.

Ps. We may have the same list. It was published in '06.

·
Read Only
776 Posts
My buddy Scott, who deals in nothing but patio tractors told me something similar. There are 900 and 901 patio carts. On the patio note, he sent me pictures a few days ago of an original Sunset Orange 120 that is complete with 48" deck he purchased back east somewhere and is being shipped here. I think he is up to 9 or 10 patio tractors now. I have an original green 901 cart in the 42,XXX range that has Patio decals. He said with a 901 tag you can fake it, but it wouldn't make it a "real" patio cart.

Jared

1 - 14 of 14 Posts