Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ewq.jpg how common are these tractors? what would you pay for one that Does not run, has a sickle mower, front blade, chipper, and tiller

Montgomery Ward Model #--GIL33162B. Hydrostatic 16

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I wouldn’t pay much! Lol, it ain’t green.:lol: I think Gilson made them...but don’t hold me to that. Not sure on value either. Depends on what engine/transmission is in it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, it is at $125

·
Registered
436 Posts
I do believe minihomesteader is correct that gilson made them. Never seemed to be too popular. With those accessories I'd definitely pay 125.00 for it. Just to have around.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
probably in a few days it's at a auction depends how high it goes.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can any one find what year they were made and how many HP etc.?

I cant find it any where not even on Tractordata

·
Administrator
6,082 Posts
Simplicity made some tractors for Montgomery Ward also.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
From what I’ve seen, the “16” is the reference to horsepower.

·
Registered
544 Posts
with all the attachments that are for it due you have use of all of them and what type of shape are they in?

ball park would be $200-350
that is if the sickle/chipper/tiller all look to be in good shape and not been stored outside the last 15 years

max I would pay would be $500 and most of that is for the attachments that you can put to use once you get the tractor running and working.
that is also if you have work that those attachments can due.

plus look's like there's a CB radio on the side the tractor?

good luck. also due you have the time and mechanical ability to get the tractor running?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I have a couple of those Gilson made Plymouth. Wisc. On the hood it says hydro 16. The engine is a Briggs horizontal shaft. I picked up tiller, sicklebar, front blade, snowblower and a integral hitch from Steve Johnson Salem, Or. I rip off the running boards and put the early style clamshell fenders on them, easier to get on the tractor

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
with all the attachments that are for it due you have use of all of them and what type of shape are they in?

ball park would be $200-350
that is if the sickle/chipper/tiller all look to be in good shape and not been stored outside the last 15 years

max I would pay would be $500 and most of that is for the attachments that you can put to use once you get the tractor running and working.
that is also if you have work that those attachments can due.

plus look's like there's a CB radio on the side the tractor?

good luck. also due you have the time and mechanical ability to get the tractor running?

yes it has a CB radio on it,

here are some pictures of the attachments qw.jpg rdfscx.jpg ytgfds.jpg IT has 5 hours left at $175

·
Registered
164 Posts
The sickle bar is worth the price of admission haha. I don’t think it would be too hard to refit to a green tractor. You’ll end up spending a small fortune replacing bearings and bushings and wear-parts for all the other stuff, but it’ll be worth it. I say “go for it” but I’m good at spending other people’s money 😂

·
Registered
70 Posts
With a serial number starting with GIL, I would be inclined to believe it was made by Gilson. It also looks a little bit like a Gilson I had junked.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well it is at $185 I'm willing too go to $300 I'll tell you if I get it!! it has 1 hour left.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my dad asked my too stay under $300 so I went too $280 it sold for $290

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I just saw this thread and will tell you that it is definitely made by Gilson. I have one out in the garage just like it that I bought brand new from Wards in 1974. It was a strong runner with the 16 horse Briggs and with the front plow, filled rear tires and chains, I completely finished backfilling the foundation of my house when it was built. It plowed snow very well also. I had 2 mower decks for it, one was rear discharge and the other, side discharge. I really need to dig it out and try to get it running again. I replaced it for my regular use in 1987 with a new JD 330, that is still cutting and plowing today with about 1500 hours on it.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts