Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '76 210 with a kohler motor that has a broken connecting rod. Would it be possible to just swap with a different motor? if so what motors are easy to swap?

·
Registered
179 Posts
yes. an engine from a 212 and 214 will bolt in. those are the k301aqs and k321aqs respectively. Be careful of the year though. some of the later model 200 series had different mounting points after they introduced the 216 with the k341aqs in 1979. So anything from 75 through 78 should be a direct bolt in.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Brian, Bika, 1977 was the last year for the one-piece base.

You can use the later engine if you get the two-piece cradle with it. The PTO on the 1978-1981 was better than the early model as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '76 210 with a kohler motor that has a broken connecting rod. Would it be possible to just swap with a different motor? if so what motors are easy to swap?
I;m in the same bat! Does ANYONE know- I piked up a used K series 14 hp, foe $100Got te Orig K301 out, Allears to be a halr inlonger, an ich wider ane has a 3" outpuy nolt pwttern where the 12hp has a 2,% pattern - Anybody eee adapt this swap? (Notw Numbera worn off the sticker on the 14 hp

·
Registered
956 Posts
I;m in the same bat! Does ANYONE know- I piked up a used K series 14 hp, foe $100Got te Orig K301 out, Allears to be a halr inlonger, an ich wider ane has a 3" outpuy nolt pwttern where the 12hp has a 2,% pattern - Anybody eee adapt this swap? (Notw Numbera worn off the sticker on the 14 hp
a. I believe all 21x series Deere’s are the same other than the engine so should work as long as it is outfitted with the correct oil pan.
b. When you say out put are you referring to flywheel bolt patterns (which are unused on 21x’s) or the crankshaft diameter?
c. Please consult a spellchecker and/or proofread.
d. Generally reviving decade old threads isn’t encouraged.
Hopefully that helps in your repower project.
Also welcome to WFM!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Use spell check and review your message before posting! Just sayin'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts