Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to replace the primary and secondary belts on my 110 I ended up destroying the straight pipe the previous owner had put on it. It would not come off so I put a pipe wrench on the elbow and it collapsed when trying to remove it. Long story short is that I ended up cutting it off and now need a new muffler. I know that there are several options out there but just wanted to see what everyone was using, where they were getting them from, and what all was needed to install them. Please, show me your mufflers and let me know what you love or hate about them and what you would do differently if you had to do it over again. Thanks!!

·
Registered
10,647 Posts
If you want an original Hapco makes a nice reproduction. If you want cheap a piece of pipe and a pepper pot Kohler muffler work just fine. Roger

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Deere still makes a replacement. Decent price. Much quieter than a “pepper pot”. Looks better too. Paint is not good though, so if you go that route, plan on repainting with a quality high temp paint.

Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Car

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Has anyone tried any of the straight pipes that Hapco has or any other rout? My kids want it to look more like a tractor so I think we are leaning more toward having a stack of some sort. I would rather it be a muffler where I think they want more of a straight pipe like it was when we got it. Just looking for options to pick between. Also, I noticed that it looks like there is a two bolt flange that can be used to hold the mufflers on. Did the original ones use this or were they screwed in like the one I had on mine? Anyways, Thanks for all the help! It is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Originals were screwed in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, I thought I would have gotten more people to show what all they were using on their 110's for mufflers/exhaust pipes. I'm still undecided on what to do. The original are nice but the kids want something "beefier" to make it look more like a tractor. I did see on a Facebook page where someone took a cub muffler for a tractor and modified it for their 110. Looked neat. Anyone here done anything other than factory and will to share? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
The problem with “stacks” is the extra weight. You’ll need to support the stack or risk cracking the block.
Plus they put the exhaust fumes at nose level as opposed to below.

Reactions: gabby_in_wis

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was also considering this the other day, has anyone here mounted the stacks and supported them? I'm considering going that route, but just would like to plan it out a bit.

·
Registered
10,647 Posts
I have done 3 or 4 stacks on different tractors. All had to have a brace or two to stay upright. All came off in s short time because of the exhaust smell, eye watering and hitting trees. Will not do it again. Roger

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I second what Roger said. I made a slip on stack for my 111 because the muffler blows out the front and blows the leaves away that I’m trying to bag. However I only use it when bagging leaves because it stinks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts