Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've built many cars,trucks,and motorcycles but this will be the first tractor so hope it goes well. My 5 yr old son wants a big tractor and likes helping me work on stuff in the garage so hopefully we can get this one looking like new so he can one day give it to his son.
So far I'm trying to get it running and driving then I'll tear it apart and repaint it since for me that's the easy part. I'm having problems finding a wiring diagram for it since it looks like each yr is different from what diagrams I've found. I also can't find in info on "how to" for checking the electronics so I know what's good and what needs to be replaced. I've taken a few things of the engine and most things look very nice especially since the buyer said engine was redone a few yrs back but has sat for a few yrs since than.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 67 I think, the plaque says t2314 014574M. I don't have a battery at the moment and I have to make some battery cables but the wiring is hacked up and some wires just twisted together so that's why I'm rewiring it. Also I have to clean the tank,carb and replace the rotten fuel line.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Joel, the serial number comes up as a '67 112. 112's came with the HH100 -10HP Tecumseh, 110's had a K181 Kohler (8HP) engine. The hoods are the same except for the decal. Sometimes things get swapped around on these old tractors which leads the new owner scratching his head!

Get signed up on www.jdparts.com so you can look up parts for your tractor. The "main"" wiring harness is still available for either engine and costs about $31.00. You might find that to be a solution.

Also, an 8HP Kohler will work in the 112 frame, larger Kohlers won't. As Colton asked, what engine is in there now? We'll go from there.

tommyhawk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a kohler in it, guy told me it was rebuilt yrs back but didn't know much about it. I haven't found and bolts rusted in on motor so they've been removed once in there lifetime I'd assume. Do they still make service/repair manuals or do I need to keep a search going on ebay?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found an engine manual to down load, made a new wiring harness. I'm going to try and get a battery, solenoid and a coil this week to see if I can get it to start.
I do have one question, I'm use to starters,modern ignition and alternators but how fast should these engines crank over? I put my boost box on the generator to see if it works and it turns over pretty slow but that could be that the ground is corroded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.