Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping for suggestions on an easy fix for one of my front tires which is beginning to show some splitting or cracking in the tread pattern. It also leaks down over a few weeks' time. This tire maybe original to the tractor, which is a 1986 model. BTW, the same tire has a damaged place in sidewall where it ran up against metal edging around a flower bed, so I am actually looking for replacement ideas. Thanks for any replies!

Registered
They make new ones that are a very close match to the original ones. I can鈥檛 remember brand off the top of my head. I bought two for my 214 a couple years back.

Reactions: sashiery

Registered
Home Depot has small tires. Don't laugh, I needed to match up a tire because the tractor I bought had one nearly new and one scrubbed off bald. It's reasonably close to what came on a 110 in the 60's.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am hoping for suggestions on an easy fix for one of my front tires which is beginning to show some splitting or cracking in the tread pattern. It also leaks down over a few weeks' time. This tire maybe original to the tractor, which is a 1986 model. BTW, the same tire has a damaged place in sidewall where it ran up against metal edging around a flower bed, so I am actually looking for replacement ideas. Thanks for any replies!
Note after few weeks: The tire is holding air, looks ok just at a glance. I think I will hold off about replacing. I think this thread can be ended. Thanks the for comments and advice!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reply to my own thread: Today June 23, 2022; the tire died. Goes flat in about two minutes, no way to do anything with the tractor in that short a time. New tire needed! I don't know anybody locally (Jackson, TN) that removes/installs little tires like these, but I guess I will start looking.

Registered
Reply to my own thread: Today June 23, 2022; the tire died. Goes flat in about two minutes, no way to do anything with the tractor in that short a time. New tire needed! I don't know anybody locally (Jackson, TN) that removes/installs little tires like these, but I guess I will start looking.
They aren鈥檛 to bad to deal with DIY with a Harbor Freight tire machine or just a pair of tire irons, just takes a bit of work and learning (and some dish soap)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

1 - 15 of 15 Posts