Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to start this thread to combine my endeavors with my 110 that I picked up last summer. It’s in good shape with mostly original paint (rattle can touch-ups by PO) and a replacement K181 sometime in the late ‘80s.
So far it’s gotten nothing besides replacing belts, oil change, greased, repaired variator pivot, and a tune-up. It runs great, starts quick and uses very little oil.

5952D2CA-827A-4461-BB98-90DDE5B075C9.jpg
Here is the best picture I have on my phone. It was taken when I was trying it out with my 46 deck.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good looking round fender, what else does it need?
Restored! :lol:

But seriously, the Variator has been giving me fits the last two times I’ve used it. I know the center sheave is worn out. Two drops of oil keep it working ok. If I can bring myself to switch the rear lift back over to my 112 for garden use and commit to mowing a summer with my 111 again, I want to tear it down and redo it. It has some aggressive surface rust that I want to stop, and sitting beside my 112 it just looks bad.

It’s funny how most people are ok with a lawn mower, yet I’m now thinking about a third round fender to use while I restore this one. Me:bash:Wife

Reactions: Pennzoil 1

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
:good:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So starting this thread has got me thinking... now I really want to take the leap and tear it down. Now to talk the wife into it.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wife gave approval! Let the disassembly begin... as soon as time allows. :good:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Mini, sounds like you are going to have her do the work!!
If I was going to actually spray it instead of rattle can, she would be laying the paint. When we restored cars for a living, she did the bodywork and paint.
BD924520-4AAC-4490-9475-04D6A8ABE165.jpg
This a ‘67 AMCRebel SST we did. I did the chassis, powertrain, and metal work, and she made my metal work straight and shiny!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The never ending finally got started!
F0B28C77-027B-428F-B16B-03737E07CBDE.jpg
1C9C4B3C-F2CC-46FE-8FE4-6BF7B09377DD.jpg
Starting to put pieces in boxes. Three designated boxes so far. Clean, Green, and hardware.

Reactions: Pennzoil 1

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Made a little more progress yet tonight. One “Green” box already filled.
E6B0D6C1-4AAF-457A-AE4F-C180F21C7C98.jpg
My OCD is beginning to take over...well since it only involves tractors I guess it’s full fledged Green Fever!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Almost everything is off that will come off, and paint has been ordered. All that’s left to remove is the dash, hood uprights, engine tins, serial tag, and tiller mounting bracket. The rest will be painted together. I now have a question. What is the correct color for the steering column? I’m assuming it’s a satin black.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
JD calls it Blitz Black

Reactions: MiniHomesteader

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had a delivery from Green Farm Parts today!
B1AD3753-E60C-4A53-983D-C487B41C64A1.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
They'll work a heck of a lot better Nate, if you take em outta the box :lol:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They'll work a heck of a lot better Nate, if you take em outta the box :lol:
But if I take it out of the box, will it still be “new paint”?

Got the dash, column, and tins off last night. It’s now time to start cleaning, prepping, and panting!

Reactions: Grant Baker

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since this just intrigues me so much, and everyone else posts these. Here’s mine.
DA554340-4B38-43FC-8123-9955083C5214.jpg
I would love to know what they mean. Build number? Inspector number?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I was working on Bonecrushers sleeve hitch until I realized I’d forgotten my center punch at work, so I had some time today. I have a few parts in shiny green, and a bunch in primer with a lot more to go!

I moved the tractor into position to paint frame etc.. and Mini-Me looks at it and says it looks like a hot rod:lol:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Funny that you picture and question that hand written number under the serial plate. I wondered the same thing when we re-did my grandson's 1967 8 years ago.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts