Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few weeks ago I decided to pick up another 318 that popped up for sale locally. I previously had another 318 with a 44 loader, but sold that last year. I've also had several 200 series tractors and a couple of random Cub Cadets. I decided to finally part ways with my 214 which had been my primary tractor for the last couple years. Here's my current 318, overall it's in pretty good shape, lower hours, and I've been slowly getting up up to date on all the maintenance. I've been mowing with it since the start of the season and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I'd like to pick up another 300 series some time over the summer to have a backup tractor as well that I can swap attachments between.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Looks Nice!
Hope she serves you well.
-DEERE317

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Those 4 Way 54" blades are awesome, have one off of a 322 for my 317, heavy brutes put some weight on the front end (non problem with PS, do lose traction from weight shift) but are built for dirt work with snow secondary it seems.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Your's looks to be the same as mine, other than your's is painted with Black and Yellow, rather than Black, Yellow, and "Textured Brown"...

...AKA Rust...

You'll enjoy that blade, mine was useful and fun for pushing dirt around and messing around (pull front end off of ground, etc)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your's looks to be the same as mine, other than your's is painted with Black and Yellow, rather than Black, Yellow, and "Textured Brown"...

...AKA Rust...

You'll enjoy that blade, mine was useful and fun for pushing dirt around and messing around (pull front end off of ground, etc)
I had a 43 blade for my 200 series tractors, I'm interested to see how much better this blade works having down pressure, which the 43 blade doesn't have.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Better overall, just remember put blade lift on the inside (at least for 317 (?)) lever (whichever has a float position, which the lever locks forward into) to utilize the float function (no digging up driveway).

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
When you said that you jogged my memory, now remember that the cylinder attached into a diamond shaped piece right? (with that pin)
Also when snow plowing pull the trip spring pin out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The blade itself can be set to float if needed by moving one of the pins. my 318 has float on the left handle and deck lift on the right handle
Float is on the inner lever on mine, as seen in the above video, so that's the one I use for the blade raising and lowering. On mine, the outer lever is the deck lift, and I use that for the blade angling.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good question, or maybe mine are, but thinking back to when I had my other 318 with a loader on it (it had no deck), I'm pretty sure that I raised and lowered the 3-point with the outer lever, which is the same as the one I have now.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Nice!

Reactions: thecause17

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts
Float is on the inner lever on mine, as seen in the above video, so that's the one I use for the blade raising and lowering. On mine, the outer lever is the deck lift, and I use that for the blade angling.
My 1983 and my 1986 has the levers setup like thecause17 with the float on the inner lever. Makes me think someone has worked on that control valve.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts