Weekend Freedom Machines banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
You upper Northeaster's have taken a beating this year, I hope things get better for you. Here in the Midwest it is quite nice and looking very spring-like, although we still have snow cover. It is melting off nicely. I have Robin's out in the yard looking for worms, worms are still frozen underground, sorry Robins. Tom

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Been a while since I've updated this thread. Once maintenance is caught up and tractors aren't breaking it makes it hard to come up with video content. The 318 has been getting used for grunt work type things such as hauling, grading, etc...while the 316 has been the mower. I put the wheel weights back on it yesterday and will likely be taking it to camp next week to use the roller on the yard.

·
Registered
Yanmar Clacking
333 Posts
Reactions: thecause17

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Are the other tires Super Lug or something? They have a similar patterns to what came off of a ZT and is on my 185 now.

·
Premium Member
8,960 Posts
The Carlisle catalogs do a good job of listing the actual mounted diameter and width of tires as well as the "nominal" size for each model. Attached are a couple of pages that I saved when the 2009 issue came out and the number of Super Lug and Tru Power sizes were a bit less varied as to rim size, width, ply rating, etc.

Note that the Tru Power is about a half inch 'taller' than the same nominal size Super Lug...

Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Might want to drain gas from tank and run engine dry or at a minimum drain the float bowl if you plan on letting it sit for months at a time. Today’s gas does not take long to make a muck of the fuel system. Next time you need to use it, put fresh gas in the tank, prime the fuel system and it’ll fire right up.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I run fuel stabilizers in my gas year round and have never had any issues. When the 316 is done with leaf duty it'll sit in the back of the shed until spring and will fire right up when it's time to use it again. The same goes for all of my other small equipment (saws, tillers, edgers, etc...)

·
Registered
Yanmar Clacking
333 Posts
I run fuel stabilizers in my gas year round and have never had any issues. When the 316 is done with leaf duty it'll sit in the back of the shed until spring and will fire right up when it's time to use it again. The same goes for all of my other small equipment (saws, tillers, edgers, etc...)
I usually put Sta-Bil stabilizer I’m my piece of junk Troy Bilt and Cub Cadet lt1050. That product works quite well imo. I thought of maybe running some diesel stabilizer in the 430, but I’m not sure yet

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
If I can't shut off the fuel line and run an engine until it dies before storage, I always drain the carb bowl after shutting it down. Keeping crapenol out of the carb is the key to keeping a small engine reliable/clean. I dose my fuel with SeaFoam, MMO and Stabil....overkill I know, but good insurance with gasoline these days. Also treat my 5 gallon can of diesel with a labeled Cetane booster/stabilizer...just to baby the 430 a little.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Tmac, With SeaFoam, MMO, and StaBil, there's no reason to shut off fuel line or drain carb before storage. The fuel additives WORK and DO their job! I started adding StaBil, 2 oz,/5 gal of 87 ethanol gas, back in '83 and have NEVER had a fuel related issue...except once when I left the tractor in a hellacious wind & rain storm and drained over 1/2 gallon of PURE rainwater from my gas tank! When I'm through with a tractor, I park it, shut the key off, and walk away...done. It may be a year later when I restart it, and it has always starts... it may crank for a minute or more, but then fires off.

Just as an "experiment" and to save you some future work, try turning engine off and walk away for 6 months or a year. You'll be happy with the results! Bob

41 - 60 of 60 Posts