Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tore into my next project yesterday, my 49 thrower. Man, what a job getting it apart! 2 bearings were toast as well as the 2 gears in the box, and without reading everything I could find doing searches on here, I don't think I could have pulled it off. I don't have a manual for the 49, and I am not sure if I can get it back together

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Flooring Asphalt

I hope the 2 gears are still available and maybe the gasket, the PO had gobs of silicone trying to seal it. There may have been 2oz of some kind of lubricant in it.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
You can do it Grant! We got faith in you.
I might have a manual saved. I'll look and let you know.
When I did my 37A, JD had pretty much everything I needed. Hopefully the gears are still available and not too costly

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: drew

·
Premium Member
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never too early in this Country Tmac!

Thanks John, would be great if you did

Reactions: jd_joe and army

·
Premium Member
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
John, Zmace helped me out. This is what makes this site such a great place.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
2 1984 318 1 1992 318 1976 300 3 49 blowers 1 54 blade 4 46 mower decks brinley plow brinley disk.
61 Posts
Hey Grant . I do have a new set of gears for your gear box. I wound up with them when I bought package deal last year. I'm in South Dakota. you can have them if interested for shipping. by the way what happened with gabby?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
That is so nice. Great attention to detail! I did the same thing with a Brantly loader. Made it look like new then a guy offered me more $ than I could turn down. I cry myself to sleep over selling it sometimes. :(

No substitute for hydraulic or electric chute control. I like turning it while blowing. Makes a cool looking rooster tail.

Did mine in late summer. Wished I never sold it had guy who wanted it really bad offered me a good price which was hard to say no to. Drove four hours to get it. Maybe someday I will do another.
View attachment 283071

• Love
Reactions: jd_joe

·
Premium Member
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mark, thanks for the great offer, my only concern is that I see there are 2 gear boxes, and undoubtedly 2 sets of gears. Let me delve into that, maybe you could too. Serial for my 49 is 593261

1 - 20 of 63 Posts