Weekend Freedom Machines banner

141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Price changes & other info for efficient ordering of my Mylar Faced Insulation kits.

I just ordered more of the mylar faced PSA type firewall insulation yesterday and found out my supplier has had to drastically raise the cost of shipping the product to me.
Because of this I am raising my price of all my kits by about 10%.

Kits for 316/318/420 are now $47.00 each for either 1 piece install kits or 2 or 3 piece install kits. This includes shipping to you in the USA by usps first class mail parcel with tracking.

Price of the plate for reducing the diameter of the big air intake hole of the ONAN to size needed for Re-Power projets with the popular new V-2 engines are now $23.00 and that includes shipping by Priority Mail with trarking.

Please remember to include the following with requests.

1. Model of the John Deere garden tractor and engine brand i.e. ONAN, Honda, Briggs, Kohler, etc.).
2. Will or is the engine totally removed for installing.
3. Your shipping address.
4. Phone # really helps speed up orders if I need more info. or wish to share more details for your project.
5. My contact info. for orders is [email protected]
I have new tips available for buyers to make your install better and easier.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
In order to be able to keep my price increase to around 10% I had to double the size of my order. The first BIG roll on insulation is to arrive here today by FEDEX!
So, now I have a good supply on hand again! :)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Please note your need to go to the LAST page in this thread to get the current prices and other new info. such as current contact info. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Current price for 316/318/420 kits and the 430 kit shipped in the USA by usps with tracking is $48.00 per kit.
Payment accepted is PayPal.

Remember to provide your location and type of engine in tractor and if engine will be removed for installing the firewall insulation kit on the 316/318/420. Thanks everyone for the many orders and repeat orders.

[email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered a kit from John back in October for my 316. With full engine removal, me cleaning up some wiring and other things, I had it completed within 4 hours.

John's kit is VERY easy to install, and the service provided by him was beyond excellent - he even reached out after the sale to offer suggestions for installation. I put roughly 50 hours on my tractor over the winter blowing snow and the insulation looks the same as it did when it was installed.

Highly recommended!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I used the kit I purchased for my 318 on a friend's 1984 316 and it worked great. Time to order another one for my 318 project.

Reactions: jlang

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Current price for 316/318/420 kits and the 430 kit shipped in the USA by usps with tracking is $48.00 per kit.

Payment accepted is PayPal.

Remember to provide your location and type of engine in tractor and if engine will be removed for installing the firewall insulation kit on the 316/318/420. Thanks everyone for the many orders and repeat orders.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
NOTE: I will not be filling orders for the Mylar insulation kits during most of JULY 2019 due to our 2019 National Park tour.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
More info and photos of my projects.

Someone asked if I sell kits for the jd420, yes I do and here is photo of one installed on my own repowered 420.

Also here is photo of my kit installed yesterday on my 86 jd316 project. Note I have erased the pattern drawings on the mylar face with Goof Off after it was installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
If you are presently interested in the firewall insulation kits, I do have them available this week. I am leaving on a trip early next week and will be gone for about 7 weeks.

Cutting off orders on Sunday June 7 so email me now if you need a kit.

[email protected]

Note the email address does no longer work.

Please send all emails to me a1 [email protected]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #159 (Edited)
My supplier just raised his price to me by 15% so here is the bad news.

My new type PSA style mylar faced cross thread reinforced foam firewall insulation kits for the JD 316-318-420 and also the 430 are all now $53.00 per kit. This includes pages of information for installing the kit and shipping to you in the USA by usps first class mail parcel package with tracking.

BTW, I believe this is still over $20.00 less than mother deere's list price was when they last sold their version of this important part for your garden tractor.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
I can now ship firewall insulation kits to those of you in Canada thru the mail with tracking to you. Price is slightly higher but if interested, email me and I will give you a quote.
Here is sample.

Price for a 316/318/420 kit mailed to Ontario was $45 USD paid thru PayPal.
specify what engine you have and whether engine will be removed or not for the install. Thanks!

JRL in Iowa

contact me at:

[email protected]
<<--incorrect email address, no longer in use by jlang.
Please contact me at [email protected] for all information and current prices shipped to you in USA or export to Canada

141 - 160 of 178 Posts