Weekend Freedom Machines banner

Need help identifying deck on 212

744 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  joegreen 
#1 ·
Just picked up a 212. I think it has a 46in deck. It has 4 wheels. I tried to type in the serial number to google and to John Deere parts and both came up with nothing. The serial number is M00673X538507. Would like to figure it out so i can see the parts blow up on the John Deere site

#2 ·
#4 ·
I was able to access the site. Thanks for telling me about the bottom of the page. John deere calls it a 46-Inch Tractor-Mounted Rotary Mower (For 200 Series) - PC1938. I have a new question. Because this deck has 4 wheels where you set them to the proper cutting height do I need to use the deck height screw between my legs or do i just keep that in the lowest position and let the deck free ride over the lawn?

#6 ·
Now my 330 has the same looking deck but that has hydraulic up and down. For that deck i set the 4 wheels to a 4in cut and then lower it down so it rides on the ground. There is no knob on that tractor to set the deck height. This 212 i have having the same deck as the 330 and the same sticker on the deck shows how to set the deck for a certain cut height how would i know what height the deck is via the knob. Do i just turn the knob and guess at what height feels good on the lawn?

#7 ·
Omg. I just reread the sticker on the deck explaining how to set the mower height with the wheels 1/4in off the ground. I have been mowing wrong with my 330 the entire time. Ugh no wonder the wheels dig into the lawn when turning. I was basically dragging the deck around like a mid mounted blade.

#8 ·
Does the 330 have the adjustment at the rear rockshaft? It should be a big threaded rod with a roll pin through the end. That (if it's like the 332/318) should adjust the down position stop.

The height of the blades is measured from flat ground below the tires, like a decent concrete pad or something level. Then adjust your wheels up 1/4".

Reactions: jake_vc
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.