Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. Have posted this on GTT as well. I have a X585 w 45 FEL over at John Deere service. They are putting a mulch kit on the mower. Service dept does not see many of this model let alone one with a 45 loader. Question from them is they cannot get the mower deck to raise/lower. I informed them to make sure the control valve was turned on as I had been using the loader only the last couple of years. If y'all have any suggestions I could pass along to them I would appreciate it. Thanks

· Registered
1,122 Posts
My first suggestion would be if they can't figure it out and are asking you for advice, take your X585 elsewhere.

Secondly, on my 455, the loader can come on and off with the deck on, but the deck can't come on and off with the loader on. Perhaps your newer model is different.

· Registered
154 Posts
You’ll have to detach the loader from the tractor. You don’t need to remove it totally just undo the lever on the left that locks it in place, and lift the loader off the brackets with the hydraulics enough so that you can get the deck hanger past.
If the deck isn’t going up and down the lock out valve is probably on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts