Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not new, but have neglected to be on this forum for quite a while. My 1st Deere was/is '83 111 5 speed. + a 140H3 & now a 2021 54" zero turn. Don't like it on my rough lawn... Had a '83 112, sold/made $$$
Question: looking for the part that holds up both the belly blade and the mower deck. Looks like a carriage bolt. Anyone?

· Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Dwight,

Pictures are less ambiguous and are always helpful...it is not that we think you do not know what you are talking about --it is just that WE do not understand what you are talking about. :)

(do not try this explanation with your wife when you ask her to repeat/explain something...) :oops:

Chuck

· Registered
1,289 Posts
I think the only machine listed that will take a belly blade and a mower deck would be the 140. (not familiar with '21-54" ZT, but doubt you can get a belly blade for it.) :)

The lift shaft linkage has a long bolt that is used to adjust the height of the deck or belly blade. It's just a long cap screw though.

The decks and belly blade use the same hangers, but they don't really look like a carriage bolt.

We will probably need a little more info to help out.

· Registered
5,076 Posts
John Deere 110 112 140 210 212 214 216 300 312 314 317 Lift Straps Deck Hangers

one is fixed other has a 90 bent adjustable bolt

Wood Gas Font Auto part Tool

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ebay, they're everywhere and I think pretty much all the same...unless 1 of our resident 140 experts says differently. Last set I bought for a 216 were about $15 including shipping.
I am looking for the part that bolts to the frame. It has a head similar to a carriage bolt. - This bracket attaches to it....

· Registered
1,289 Posts
Is the whole rockshaft missing? Or just the "hanger peg/arm"?

I would assume the whole thing missing, or someone did a really weird modification otherwise.

Ebay was a bust (for 140 RS) but maybe another machine has one that will work, like a 300 or 317.

If for some reason you just need pieces of it, I have a 210 RS that I would be happy to cut up if you need pieces to re-weld.

· Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Drafter,

The part number for the rock shaft for a 1968 140 is AM31211, and yes it is listed as NLA by Deere. The 300, 312, 314, 316, 317 rock shaft is a different part number (AM35201) so may not suit a direct replacement purpose...

Dwight -- is your entire rock shaft missing???

Chuck

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is the whole rockshaft missing? Or just the "hanger peg/arm"?

I would assume the whole thing missing, or someone did a really weird modification otherwise.

Ebay was a bust (for 140 RS) but maybe another machine has one that will work, like a 300 or 317.

If for some reason you just need pieces of it, I have a 210 RS that I would be happy to cut up if you need pieces to re-weld.
- - - - - Just the "hanger peg/arm" - - - - -

· Premium Member
10,399 Posts
If you are handy at welding, transplanting a hanger crank arm to your existing rock shaft should be possible -- just be sure it is properly "timed" and spaced relative to the existing one...and of equal length.

Chuck

Here is good image of an actual 140 rock shaft for reference:
Wood Metal Plastic Art Symbol

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you are handy at welding, transplanting a hanger crank arm to your existing rock shaft should be possible -- just be sure it is properly "timed" and spaced relative to the existing one...and of equal length.

Chuck

View attachment 283995

Chuck

View attachment 283995
Thank you Chuck....... Looks like the ONLY way....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts