Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I purchased a 1980 John Deere 314 a couple of weeks ago.It's my first 300 series,and i really like it.The transmission is very smooth and easy to operate.It was a bit rougher than I originally thought.So far I've done:muffler,engine mounts,points/condenser/coil,electric fuel pump conversion,bar tires and wheel weights from a 210 parts tractor,partial sleeve hitch (need lift arm),and rear hydraulic kit (yet to be installed).I guess you could say I've had 314 fever for a few weeks.Things will slow down for a while,due to other projects.The 48 inch deck looked wonderful...….until I removed the belt shields.Several holes will need to be fixed.The fuel tank has a slight weep at the seam,so i'm guessing replacement is best.All in all,it's a good machine though.

I found a front blade (manual angle) for around $300.Does that sound like a fair price?I'm also looking for the AM36196 lift arm if anyone might have a lead.

Here are a few pics.Paint is original,and still looks decent.Glad I was able to rescue it.They sure don't build them like this anymore!

Thanks!

Charles

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
:welcome: Charles

·
Registered
714 Posts
Nice looking machine! Enjoy.:good:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
:welcome:
Nice machine. That sound reasonable for the blade. I've seen them in my area for $250-$500+. Even more with hydraulic angle option.

·
Super Moderator
3,478 Posts
:welcome: You have a good start on the "green addiction".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome!! I have been impressed with my 314 as well especially in the snow its a beast and I don't even have wheel weights

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.I really wasn't looking for a 314 per se.It was more or less a rainy Saturday morning on craigslist.But i'm glad I bought it.The cast iron Kohler is hard to beat,and the tractor itself is built like a tank.They're just plain fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts