Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey guys.. looked at a 317 last night and will be picking it up. Nice clean machine..deck is solid, repainted but no cracks or welds. Runs perfectly. Does the serial number on the tractor or motor determin wether it's a series 1 or 2? Now all I need is a tiller and blower!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Look for the spec # for the engine, it is on sticker on a little plate below the coil along with the engine model and serial #s. A spec of 24301 means it is a series 2 engine. All lower numbers are series 1 engines. Go to the Kohler Engines website for a free engine service manual. It describes the differences between the two engines.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
scooter.. i found it on craigs list in west bend.. he was asking 1200 for it which i honestly thought was fair given the good condition.. he was also open to trade so i gave him two shotguns i never use and when i pick it up the balance of 400. yes im in burlington.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I thought your profile said the grove, but either way. I am related to a bunch of people in Btown. Then I married into another big bunch of people from Btown.
On a side note, I saw Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson at Napoli's like a month ago!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.