Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've been a long time lurker before finally purchasing a 318. I have been trying to figure out if there is something off with my setup because I can not get the blades higher than ~3 inches. I have taken a few pictures to see if anyone can see anything obvious. Also, the deck and drive belts are new and was wondering if the belt going around the PTO was OK since to get the tension correctly it puts it at an angle.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
The lift straps you show are different than the ones on my 50" deck. I think those are for the 46" (old design) deck.

Everything else looks correct.

May be dumb question, but you're adjusting the threaded rod on the rockshaft cylinder right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lift straps you show are different than the ones on my 50" deck. I think those are for the 46" (old design) deck.

Everything else looks correct.

May be dumb question, but you're adjusting the threaded rod on the rockshaft cylinder right?
About the same time you responded I was finally putting things together that I had different lift straps than other 50 inch guys... :( Oh well... I guess thats what I get for not knowing when I bought it... lol!

Is there any chance you know the distance from center to center on your lift straps? I'm thinking I could modify these....

·
Registered
566 Posts
Be sure the adjustable threaded hangers are as short as possible, to get it up as high as possible. This will effect the lowering.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Something seems weird in #6. The mule drive pulley seems (by my recollection) to be hung up and too far forward. It's going to be another 6 weeks before I even think about switching from "blow to mow" so I have no easy reference to be sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems fine until I get close to the initial tension section with the pointer. I'm wondering if being able to raise the deck up all the way will help by requiring me to crank less on the mule drive adjuster to get it adjusted properly with the deck all the way up?

·
Registered
325 Posts
It sounds like Jeff's deck is buried worse than my 50" model. I just measured in it is 6" from pin centerline to end of slot in arm.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I did get the same measurement as Dennis. I have been thinking of shortening mine, as it will only raise a couple inches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts