Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1969 Model 60, 1980 400
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this finds all well during this holiday season. My son and I recently purchased a torn down and palletized 1969 JD 60 from an auction. We originally believed it to be a 100 "roll-o-matic" due to the hood being visible thru the plastic wrap. After winning the lot and getting it home and tearing into it we realized the numbers were for a 60, not a 100. This wasn't- and isn't - a problem because we were looking for a small tractor to work on for my son who is 6.......the 60 works out perfect! On the pallet we noticed all (minus hood/nose) parts are there along with a handful of "Patio" parts (deck, hangers, brackets, etc.). While most people buy their kids Lego for Christmas, I decided to get him something he can get his hands dirty building. If anyone has beat on a 60 hood and nose, we would greatly appreciate it. this isn't going to be a showstopper, so long as hood isn't destroyed it would work fine. Also have the 100 "roll-o-matic" hood if someone would like to do some swapping.

long time reader, first time poster
Rodney Sr. & Rodney Jr.
Indiana
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper Automotive design

· Registered
762 Posts
I enjoy my 60. The engine is the only main problems with these. Hood is the same on the 60,70, and RF 110 and 112.
Tire Wheel Plant Riding mower Vehicle
Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Tractor

Reactions: R&R Outdoors

· Registered
1969 Model 60, 1980 400
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@TiredDeere210 this one had an extra Briggs engine included. From what i understand the Tec engines are a pain. Once we get into the build, we will decided whether to go original or replacement. Also, thank you for that info on the hood! Was originally wanting a 110 RF but those evidently are a priced to retire on curently haha.

· Registered
762 Posts
The only issue with changing the engine is the Tecumseh engine has a stepped crankshaft for the pto clutch. So of you want to run a mower deck you would need the crank machined.

• Helpful

· Registered
3,351 Posts
Welcome to WFM from a fellow Hoosier! That’s a great project!
Would that have came from the Ted Everett’s auction on the west side of Indy last week?

Im pretty sure that Roll-A-Matic decal is someone’s addition as that was Deere’s trade name for their narrow front “suspension” design.

· Registered
1969 Model 60, 1980 400
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@DEERE317 it came from an auction in North Central Indiana, Olson's. I'm wondering if I didn't stumble upon a previous owner in a thread on here. @MrMechanic66 had a pic of a 60 with a white deck. Just so happened this pallet had a white deck 🤔 curiosity has me now. I also thought that about to decal. But don't know much about the 100s.......yet

· Registered
3,351 Posts
@DEERE317 it came from an auction in North Central Indiana, Olson's. I'm wondering if I didn't stumble upon a previous owner in a thread on here. @MrMechanic66 had a pic of a 60 with a white deck. Just so happened this pallet had a white deck 🤔 curiosity has me now. I also thought that about to decal. But don't know much about the 100s.......yet
Would’ve been funny if it had came from the auction just down the road from here, oh well.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

· Registered
2,883 Posts
Given the hood, Briggs engine, and single pulley on the transaxle, I believe that is a 100. Might want to check the serial number. Either way, they are great little tractors. I love my 60… it is far from stock though.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

• Wow

· Premium Member
4,895 Posts
Welcome to WFM R&R

1 - 14 of 14 Posts