Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the garden tractor scene and picked up this model 70 with mower deck. It will start when gas is poured in the carb but won't stay running. Looking forwards to getting it running and mowing and eventually restoring her

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I took it to someone that is a little better with small motors than I am. I am starting to find some small parts that are missing or wrong such as the seat springs and I don't have the lift arms for the mower deck for height adjustment

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Sherman,welcome to WFM(great place),I have a set of mower lift arms for a 110,if you would like them I would send them for the shipping only.But I do not know if they are the same on your 70

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sherman, welcome to WFM. You are at the right place to get help and advice on your new toy. However, you have missed the first rule: You need to SHOW us PICTURES of your new acquisition! Second rule: Be careful, very careful, the collection and restoration of these magnificent little green machines are contagious. Before you can blink, you get a second one, and ... !
Just kidding! Enjoy your 70!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Those seat springs must have been swapped out by a big fella ! Maybe from a 110 or something. You have the wire steering wheel model which is nice from what I've been told. I have one of each. You can take the PTO / mower drive out and replace the bearing for around $20. Mine was bad and the sound it makes is not a good one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sherman, about your carb, the main jet in the bottom of the carb that unscrews when you remove the bowl, there is a small hole once you unscrew the needle from the bowl nut. if this is plugged, the engine will not get fuel from the tank. This happened to me when I first got my 60.
JDB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.