Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I m new to the small tractors and got my first 70 the other day. Its very nice shape and all original! Problem is, i can get it to crank over and power is going to all three prongs on the key switch, and also to what i think is the coil? (not really sure)but there is no spark at all? Can anyone give me any tips on where to start or what to do, to get spark? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks Tim

·
Banned
150 Posts
the flywheel isnt too bad to pull on these.just take the nut off and give the end of the crank a small tap with a hammer and it should come loose.the points are under a small cover thats held down by a wire bail.good luck.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Guys, the 70 has a magneto ignition system, and applying battery voltage to the magneto coil will usually cause it to burn out. The ignition switch stops the engine by switching the magneto lead to ground in the OFF position.

The Service Manual has diagnostic and testing procedures to analyze ignition system failures, and includes a wiring diagram of the electrical system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.