Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im Sam. Im 11 and just got my first 1966 round fender 110 with a snow blower and mower deck. It is in ok shape and the snow blower functions great, But it dosnt stop turning when i shut it off and i still dont know why. The variator it free but need adjustments. Looking for the best place to but a manual as well as any advice for it. Thanks, Sam

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sam,
Welcome! Did you say 11? I got my first rf when I was 66.
11!!!! You are the cat's meow on this site. I have an owners manual, mower deck manual, and manual for the snow thrower. Send me an address and you should have them by the weekend?
Jim

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
There is supposed to be a 1-1/2" piece of pipe on a 1/4" bolt screwed into a hole in the frame just in front of the pto pulley. This piece of pipe prevents the belt, that drives the thrower, from saging down. Without it the tiller will not stop if the engine is running.
Nice to see a young man that can make a actual sentence!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
James,
This is my Grandson. What a wonderful thing to offer him. He is a great kid and in my opinion he stole that tractor from me as i wanted to buy it.
He and i have been doing tractor things for a number of years and he drives in parades at shows
and the likes. I'm very greatful for the manuals as i want him to learn about this little machine.
I think we should have a service manual as well but i don't know which would be the best one for this 110. Any info on that and where we can buy one would be helpful. Thanks to all of you that will help Sam out with questions along the way.
Mike

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Sam, I had the same issue. There are two adjustments that helped mine. 1 is the idler and 2 is the distance the blower is from the tractor. There are two bolts on each side that can be loosened to make that adjustment. I would also make sure you the correct length belt first. It is possible it is too short??? The service manual should help you.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Sam,
Welcome aboard and sounds like you beat your grandad to the punch on this. Hey, I'm 54 and I don't even have a RF!
Definitely get a service manual. It has helped me tremendously on my SF 110.
John

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mike, You have to be proud of Sam. Also found a manual for a tiller and one for a Kohler 241. I know this is not the right model, but should be close enough for some help. Email address is in profile. As soon as I get your address they will be on their way. Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone for the welcomes and great advice! And thanks Mr. Plutschak for the manuals, I will send you my address right after this post. And thank you Mr.Reed for the PDF copy. Mr.Fleisch, I will try those, It still needs alot of adjustments. Thanks, Mr.Allen. Mr.Goodine, I will have some pictures up soon.Mr.Lincoln, Once i get some tinker time on it i will totally look at that.Mr.Johnson, I will look over the service manual once i have it printed, Thanks for the post. I appreciate the posts!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Members, On December 6, I purchased a one double notch weight from kb. If someone will match the weight , I will have it sent to Sam. This young man is what we need! Sam, if this were to happen, we expect you to be a good neighbor and friend for the folks around you. Jim

·
Registered
17 Posts
You guys are the BEST. Thanks for your kindness
to this young man. Jim,thats a great offer,
but he has the single notch weights that came
with the tractor. it also has the chains.
He really got a deal on this unit. He used one
of my mowers to cut lawn over the summer to save
up to by another tractor. When i say another
he already has one from the Dark Side. He was
given his Great Grandfathers first tractor
which is a '41 Farmall A. My brother and i did a
total resteration on it for him. He's won first
place in 2 shows with it.
Again, Thanks for all you guys do.
Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
just a little update. We got the snow blower working very well. Thanks Jim,the manuals really helped. And Terry, that pdf file you sent is wonderful. I had a couple questions I hope you guys can help with. Sam really wants to have the skinny wheels on the front of the 110, I have a 208 with the skinny fronts and thought I would swap them out with him if they'll fit. Can anyone tell me if they will work on the 110? The other question is the 110 will pop out of 4th. gear when going at a higher speed. Would this be the detents or something alittle more?
Thanks for the help.
Mike

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
208 has one inch spindles and a RF has 3/4 inch spindles so in a word no. You might be able to make spacer for the 208 wheels on the 110 but it will not go the other way. The wheels also use completely different kinds of bearings. Timken roller bearings on the 110 and precision ball bearings on the 208. Detent springs are your problem right now with the transmission. If you wait to long you will have an expensive rebuild in your future. Right now the springs and balls are about $10. I wouldn't wait to long to fix the problem. Roger

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank You Roger,
We'll have to look for some wheels.
Is it a major job to replace the detents? I've never taken one of these apart before. I do have the manual Terry sent if that gives good detail.
Mike

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
The most work is taking the transmission completely out of the tractor and sometimes getting the hubs off the axles. The transmission is a 2300 series made by Peerless and there are manuals you can download on the net. The transmission is fairly easy if you follow the book. Replace the O ring oil seals on the axle tubes when you put it back together. First time expect 8 hours of work. Roger

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.