Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never liked the original seat or the black replacement I had for my 70. Digging around I found a seat adapter from another project. I also used up a RF seat I had and like the look. Roger

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, much better! I may change mine over as I have been procrastinating in buying a cover for it since I really don't care for the look either.

I remember the post but can't seem to find it where you said what hubs you used for the bolt on rims. I think it was Sears but what model? I have s set of Golf cart tires on rims of the same size as original and I may be able to bolt them on that way.
Rick

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are bunch of hubs that will work. These were off an MTD but Sears, Wheel Horse and others used similar ones. The key is to find ones for a 1 inch axle with a 1/4 inch key way. If you do a "garden tractor hub" search on E-bay you will find many of the models available. Roger

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a Briggs 675 series out of a pressure washer. It requires modifying the motor plate and moving the center of the crankshaft about 1/2 an inch forward. That makes it impossible to use the PTO clutch. This one is a recoil start and because its from a pressure washer it has a heavy flywheel. Roger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.