Weekend Freedom Machines banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,398 Posts
Gabby,

Sounds like good progress on the gravel and insulation, etc. I have pretty much replaced my point-and-shoot camera function with the camera in my phone...plus it is always with me and the battery is charged regularly for all its other functions. Not as flexible as a more featured digital camera, but it works for me...

Looking forward to seeing your pictures when you get them.

Chuck

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Sorry Chuck. I used to have a Trac-Phone account with mega minutes. They said I needed a new phone so I selected and ordered one. Great phone. It did everything but make phone calls. In the mean time while I was fighting it my air-time expired and I lost 4000-5000 minutes of air time. Cell phones suck. I will stick to my camera for taking pictures. I will get another cell phone only if all it does is make phone calls. That however will be like trying to buy a pickup without a back seat and people call it a truck. Someone else is deciding what is best more me.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Too bad about your shadow catcher Gabby. If it fried, the small Canon Sureshot digital cameras are real nice/good. Fit in your shirt pocket easily and great pix...only thing missing is interchangeable lenses if you're used to that. The second generation Nikon Coolpix camera's are good, too...the ones that pivot. Not as compact as the Canons, but also very reliable, simple and robust.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #184 (Edited)
Nikon CoolPix is what I have. Battery is the same as my Trail Camera. Not sure which battery was in camera (trail camera or Nikon) when the charger fried. Not willing to damage new charger so I am planning on discarding the battery that was in it. Ordered new from ebay; comes with two new batteries. Everything should be back to normal. Used camera with other battery in the garage this afternoon and is working fine.

Reactions: sublime68charger

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Nice...I should probably drag the Coolpix 995 out tomorrow and juice it up and take some shots of the 2020 de-leafing campaign. Haven't used it in awhile now.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
My new post hole digger is still on a trailer in Chicago. Won't be delivered today. I have snow to clear in town so may not make it to property again today.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Got a call from shipping company this afternoon. Pallet forks will be delivered Thursday. These were on back order surprised they will be delivered before the brush cutter.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
I had to be at the property early to take delivery of the post hole auger. Was surprised the pallet forks were on the same load. Pallet forks are outside in the snow but put the auger inside.

Got quite a bit done on the building today.
  • I still have one 8 foot section that needs framing for insulation. Eight feet is the distance between posts. This is for the 3rd tier of OSB. That will be first thing I work on next work day at the property.
  • After framing is done and insulation cut and installed I will be ready to install vapor barrier on last 2 sections of so I can finish installing OSB on the lower two tiers.In
  • Installed 4 pieces of OSB, lower two tiers. Two pieces had to be cut to fit around windows. Looks good. I really need to get some photos.
  • Need to figure out how to get up to frame in and insulate the 4th tier for OSB. I am getting close to starting work on that elevated position.
  • I am down to 4 rolls of insulation. May need to go shopping again. Also need another dozen or so sheets of OSB.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Late getting to property today but did manage to get a couple hours in. South interior wall I have one section I need to frame and insulate. Then I can add vapor barrier and hang the last 3 sheets of OSB to to finish the lower two levels of OSB. Then I need to finish the north east corner two get bottom to levels done. When those two areas are finished I need ladder jacks or scaffolding to do the top half of all walls.

40°F inside building when I got there and started work.
DSCN1394.JPG DSCN1396.JPG DSCN1397.JPG DSCN1398.JPG DSCN1399.JPG

Reactions: jd195350

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
We got a little snow here today. Should be able to clean the driveway and get to the property at a respectable time tomorrow. If not, I'll work on the 318. Need to get that project finished also.

·
Premium Member
8,398 Posts
Looks good Gabby!!

Having it as closed in as it is now keeps it at at least a workable temperature... That will be a fine shop when you get it all done.

Chuck

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Nice work Gabby...always amazed at your energy level and work accomplished. Curious to see if he goes up with the shop in the country after it's "done." Skyscraper maybe?

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Not gonna make it to the property today. Guess I should be in the shop working the 318.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Today I finished the lower two tiers of OSB on the south interior wall. Third tier is framed and insulated. Before I add vapor I need to frame and insulate 4 tier but need scaffolding.

Switched to the interior and northeast corner of the north wall. Hoping another day these will be finished. I need to make a parts run to Minneapolis so don't really want to rent scaffolding and then have it sitting unused. I have an idea how to make scaffolding. I will give it a try and let you know how it works. Also need to make a run to the lumber yard. Only 4 sheets of OSB left. And both tank for propane heater are empty.

DSCN1403.JPG

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Had errands to run today so only spent a couple of hours at the property. I did have time to insulation and framing for the 3rd tier of OSB on the interior walls.Still have same work to do over the service door and then install remainder of OSB on interior and north walls. Should be able to finish this in one day.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Three sheets of OSB left to install and the bottom two tiers will be finished.There is a corner behind the where excavator is parked and an area over the garage doors which will need to be completed also but those will be done when all else is complete. I took photos but it was after dark on the camera flash caused bubbles on the prints. Will get better photos.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
OSB is on the first two tiers. I have one sheet left on hand. Need to make material run to lumber yard. Will not be able to work at property next week so trip to pick up OSB will be delayed. Last OSB took twisted set from the damp cold interior of the building making it hard to work with. Will get OSB and scaffolding so I can get it installed before that happens again.

DSCN1410.JPG DSCN1412.JPG DSCN1413.JPG DSCN1414.JPG

Second & third photos show small areas I also need to complete, areas over the overhead doors and the northwest corner of the north wall. Last photo shows door into loft that may need some tweeking. Plasterboard on the wall on loft side has not be cut out so I am unsure if the dobule 2x6's are correct level with loft floor. It is all put together with screws so it can be taken apart to adjust if need be.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Had to be at rural property yesterday to take delivery of brush cutter attachment for skid steer. Couldn't do much work on the building due to lack of materials and scaffolding needed to continue sheathing work so spent time cleaning up mess. Looks better. Need to contact county about burning brush pile.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Appointment to front end aligned on my pick up this morning did not go well. Need ball joints and tie rod end. That will happen next week. Was near property so I went over and did some framing and insulation work. I can do that from a ladder but will need scaffold to to hang OSB. Another couple of days I can finish this framing and insulation except some small areas where i will need to move machinery to work those areas. Not sure when I will get back down here.

181 - 200 of 200 Posts