Weekend Freedom Machines banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Todd was home for the Labor Day weekend. I shared frozen corn, tomatoes, and cucumbers with him. Also was able to pick him up a dozen ears of sweet corn. Him and wife were very grateful for the produce. They cut up 3 cucumbers and made a cucumber salad before I left.

In return he brought up his skid steer with stump grinder and got rid of walnut stump for for me.

DSCN1119.JPG DSCN1120.JPG

Question for botanist members. Can I mix walnut wood chips as organic material with soil? Aware of peoples horror stories about planting things under walnut trees. I have never had that issue.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Hasn't stopped raining here this week. Forecast says starting Saturday and all next week will be sunny. Time now to work on projects at home and then devote myself to rural to rural property.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Not going to make it to rural property Sunday. Still cleaning up my yard in town getting it ready to put it away for the winter.

I do have a question for any horticulturists out there ... can I mix walnut sawdust in with black dirt to add organic material?

I know the story about planting things under walnut trees.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Spent the last 4 days working at my rural property getting the new shop winterized and ready to move RV into.
  • Bought a load of 5" breaker to bring low area on interior up to withing a couple inches of grade and build ramps into west end overhead doors.
  • Then ordered a load of crushed stone (gravel) to top off and level the interior.
  • Still need to top off stone on ramp with gravel get things smoothed off so trailer can be backed in shop. The 5" breaker was good fill but caused truck to spin. Gravel is good finish grade material.
  • I got the garage door opener functional on the smaller overhead door on northeast side corner. Still needs some tweeking but is working.
  • Found out today that garage door installer did not install manual operating switch and wiring to laser sensors. They left the switch and remote openers but no wire for the laser sensors.
Will post pictures of completed work.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Garden tractor work today is on hold. Need to get to rural property and get some work done. Hopefully will have some photos to share this evening.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Had to make a run to the big city (Dubuque, IA) before going to property. Big city ... big mistake. Took me about 2 1/2 hours to pick up materials to work on shop. And forgot to take camera. About all I did was get a good start on sheeting on storage side of separating wall. Need to pick up 1/2" chip board before going to property tomorrow. That should not take long and hopefully get some work done.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Your lucky this guy named Gabby isn't on here tonight he would rip your tail for teasing with pictures and getting none! Sorry Gabby, couldn't resist. Teasing only.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Looking at my camera sitting here on the desk. Been sitting there all day.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Heading out to Menards for OSB board for new shop. Camera is hand this time.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Today I picked up OSB for wall sheathing. Needed a place to unload it so moved machines into the other bay in front of overhead door. Then backed the truck in and unloaded OSB. Rest of photos just show I have a lot of work to do. I need to find a place that rents scaffolding. I was looking at buying scaffolding but just don't have the need for it after I am finished.

DSCN1304.JPG DSCN1305.JPG DSCN1306.JPG DSCN1307.JPG DSCN1308.JPG DSCN1309.JPG

·
Registered
351 Posts
Looking good Gabby. I like that little orange Zennoh, my across the street neighbor has a little Iseki/Bolens that looks just like it. Cool little tractors. I have done some work for her on it.

I keep her driveway snow free in the winter. So, she lets me fix her tractor. LOL.

I was catching up on this thread a bit, that's one impressive shed...

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Have been spending too much time working on tractors and shed was on hold. Going to give it heck this week so I can get the camper in before we have heavy snow.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
A couple things I forgot to pick up at the lumber yard yesterday. I know I am low on vapor barrier. Will not need to on the interior wall so will not need it today. I think I am getting low on nails. Again, think I have enough to get me through the day. Getting ready to head out. I want to have a productive day.

Read my horoscope yesterday. Basically it said "more action less lip service". Off to work.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Haven't removed and brought home tire from X485. That is a must for today.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Worked on interior wall today. Bottom is insulated and two sheets of OSB installed. Working alone the starter (bottom row) is a pain in the heinie. Bottom row needs to leveled or all subsequent row will be off. Will be back at rural property tomorrow.

Noticed today I had a pretty good size deer walk up and look inside thru the translucent panels. Good size deer by size of print.

Did not have metric socket with me so could not remove X485 tire.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Looking good Gabby. I like that little orange Zennoh, my across the street neighbor has a little Iseki/Bolens that looks just like it. Cool little tractors. I have done some work for her on it.

I keep her driveway snow free in the winter. So, she lets me fix her tractor. LOL.

I was catching up on this thread a bit, that's one impressive shed...
My neighbor has a Iseki/Bolen 16hp diesel 4x4 with a loader, at my gal's place.... Wished it was next door here so I could finish my landscaping.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
I am struggling hanging OSB I just bought. The sheets are bowed. Difficult to get them level. Hoping tomorrow to have the lower two levels complete on interior wall and start the south side wall. Will need to rent scaffolding to get upper levels complete.

141 - 160 of 200 Posts