Weekend Freedom Machines banner

161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I have used one of those to do ceiling. Works great but I don't think you can use it on walls.

Reactions: mjydrafter

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
Quick stop at rural property this afternoon. Ended up hanging another sheet of OSB. Four sheets need to finish bottom 2 tiers of interior wall. All need to be cut. Need two short pieces and 2 cut to fit around doors. I will then start doing the 2 lower tiers on the south wall. Need scaffolding or stand of some sort to do the upper tiers.

Photos are deer tracks. They walked up to look in the picture window.

DSCN1318.JPG DSCN1319.JPG

Reactions: MiniHomesteader

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Tires are not ready for the 332 yet so worked on the shop at rural property.
  • I finished framing, insulation, and vapor barrier to do the bottom 2 tiers around the service door on the north wall
  • finished framing/insulation on the interior wall for bottom 2 levels of OSB.
  • No vapor barrier on the interior wall on shop side as it was used on the garage side.
  • I started framing and insulation on the south side wall but ran short on daylight.
I don't have interior lights yet so 4:30 - 5:00 is about as late as I can work. I have blood draw for A1C in the morning but want to get back to work on the south wall so I can get the gravel in and leveled and the camper moved in.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Bought some new tools for the property this week. Added attachments to my skid steer. Bought a set of pallet forks, a post hole digger, and a hydraulic driven brush mower.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Started raining here this morning. Snow predicted for tonight. According to weatherperson we are supposed to get between 4 and 48". Yest that is the prediction. And they wonder why we have not faith in weatherpersons. I need to get neighbors pallet forks to unload attachments I ordered but need to drive through his yard to get to it. I don't want to tear up his yard due to this rainy/snowy weather.There is very little if any frost in the ground here right now.

Would be a great day to work inside building at property but need to be home today transporting Laurie to appointments.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Started raining here this morning. Snow predicted for tonight. According to weatherperson we are supposed to get between 4 and 48". Yest that is the prediction. And they wonder why we have not faith in weatherpersons. I need to get neighbors pallet forks to unload attachments I ordered but need to drive through his yard to get to it. I don't want to tear up his yard due to this rainy/snowy weather.There is very little if any frost in the ground here right now.

Would be a great day to work inside building at property but need to be home today transporting Laurie to appointments.
48"? You better get started now... :LOL:

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Deer track all over my rural property today. Picture window is frosted over; still lets a lot of light in but cannot see through it. Outside temp low 20's, temperature in building was about 45 with no heat. Will see what it is like working inside tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Just got home from rural property. Working on south wall in storage area. That is the larger area in the building
  • First tier of framing and insulation installed.
  • Need 14 more pcs of pine 2x6 to finish framing. Before Covid these were about $4.00 a piece; now $9.00
  • Checked in to buying scaffolding needed to complete the job $1,000. I just cannot justify buying it so will end up renting.
  • Need more propane for heater also. Emptied 20lb tank that I partially used last winter. Todd loaned my a 30lb tank so I can alternate tanks.
  • Haven't heard from company I bought post hole digger, brush mower, and pallet forks from. I know the pallet forks are back ordered. Other two attachments should be delivered soon.
Back to it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I feel the pain with building material costs. I just bought nine 2x4’s for my shed at about $5.00 each. Ouch. I use to be able to buy these for less than half that price.

·
Premium Member
8,398 Posts
Material costs have really been driven up near me by all the new construction going on here in Idaho. Most builders are adding at least 15% to the total cost of a new home if they have not secured the materials yet... This makes the "value" of existing homes go up as well, and even for those of us that have fully paid for homes with no mortgage, the property taxes are pegged to values so those keep rising as well.

Gabby -- the good news is you are nearing completion on your rural property shop and it will be very well built and a known quantity since you know exactly what went into it and how it was done. Thanks for this thread, it has been a lot of good reading following your progress.

Chuck

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #172 (Edited)
Hoping in the next 3 - 4 weeks all the interior sheathing is up. Need paint, electricity, plumbing, and cement yet. Most of that will be contracted.

I got my real estate tax bill. OUCH! Approximately $12000 improvement to site for the building. 2020 real estate tax more than doubled.

Reactions: lt230s

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Hoping in the next 3 - 4 weeks all the interior sheathing is up. Need paint, electricity, plumbing, and cement yet. Most of that will be contracted.

I got my real estate tax bill. OUCH! Approximately $12000 improvement to site for the building. 2020 real estate tax more than doubled.
Sounds like NY. Sorry about the increase and can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Busy afternoon at the property again. Didn't get much done yesterday because I needed supplies so did not get to the property till late. Weatherman is talking extremely cold weather starting Wednesday night. I need to get gravel into building before the pile freezes. That means I need to get the piles of building material installed before then to get them off the floor where I need to spread the gravel. I see busy next two days.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Good luck Gabby. Wish I was closer as I have a lot of time on my hands since I've been laid off and could give you a hand. Maybe I'll pull the 67 RF in the garage and start on that.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Just came in the house to get my camera. Working at the property isn't giving me much time to work on my tractors. We have nothing planned for Christmas day so that may be work on the 318 day. I need to get started on the H2/H3 conversion. Thanks for volunteering to help it would be appreciated but yes, I know about distance issues. If I don't talk to you before, you and your family have a Merry Christmas ... Gabby

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Have a Merry Christmas also, Gabby.

Reactions: gabby_in_wis

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Need to take camera with me to property. Work is slow as I am spending a lot of time up and down ladder taking measurement to cut boards to fit between "ladder purlins" used to frame up the walls. I have the bottom tier done; working one tiers 2 and 3. Tomorrow morning I want to get vapor barrier on bottom 2 tiers about 1/2 the length of the room and start installing OSB. I need to get this done to use up OSB to get it out of the way to spread gravel on floor to finish leveling it. Extreme cold predicted for tomorrow night so I need to get gravel into building before it freezes into a big lump.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Took the camera to property, took it out of case, battery exhausted. I had just charged it about a week ago should have been ok. Pulled the battery, put it in charger and plugged it into outlet. Pop and smoke. Something must have been wrong with battery. Two batteries and new charger should be delivered first week of January. 2020 had to stick me one last time.

Building looking nice. Gravel has been brought in and leveled. Also used some of the gravel to cover breaker used for ramp into overhead door. Need to get OSB up now. Framing and insulation up for first 3 tiers of OSB and have started applying vapor barrier to cover first two tiers. Tomorrow morning shipping company is delivering post hole digger for skid steer sometime between 9:00-noon so I will be a property early and can put in a good day. Temperature is supposed to be warmer also. I will fire up the heater and give it a good day.

161 - 180 of 200 Posts