Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting to upgrade the tires on my 318 ever since I got it last September.
My property has 2 hill areas and I mow right next to a large pond that sometimes has some wet swampy areas.
The stock type turf tires were just not cutting it. If I stopped on a hill, I often had to back down.
Went with the Vredesten V61 ribs for the front, and Carlisle All trails for the rear!
Surprisingly, the Carlisles were actually made in USA!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
432 Posts
Should be an awesome combo! I kinda wish I had gone with those instead of my ags on the rear of mine. My ags just kill my soil until it hardens up in the summer. Luckily I only use it for tilling in the spring and snowblower duty.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent looking tires. I am curious how they work in the dirt as my 318 will need a set of tires.
Carlisle seems to market them as an in between for turfs and ags. Better traction than turfs, but less damaging to turf than ags.
I'd probably still go with ag tires for plow duty.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I pull a Brinly plow with a round fender with 6.50 ags and no weight pretty well I am hoping wheel swaps would only be for showing off.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Good choice! I have this tire set up on my 110 and love it. No traction issues at all with that tractor.
My 112 on the other hand still has turfs on the rear. I was moving rocks the other day with it and was spinning like crazy. Did have an issue when I did the same thing with the 110 last year.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Nice looking piece of property, and I like the tires. I keep Ags on the back of my 112 and 332 and have no problem with them tearing up the grass while giving excellent traction.

Reactions: jlw53

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here’s my two cents worth. I’ve used these Carlisle tires on my 322. Better traction than turf tread but they ain’t worth a hoot in the mud. The instant the tread pattern fills with mud your done. They also work great in the snow. For really soft or mud I’d think maybe Ag tires? Keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
3,481 Posts
The tires look great and the tractor also looks great.

Reactions: jcronk69

·
Registered
201 Posts
Joshua, where did you buy and how much did you pay for the Vredesten V61, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!

Henry.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joshua, where did you buy and how much did you pay for the Vredesten V61, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!

Henry.
I got them from Miller tire. They are $58 per tire plus you need tubes in these at $15 each.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts