Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just aquired a 110 serial number 27285. It went through a flood 2 years ago and the engine is stuck. I have not tried to do anything with it yet. It came with a deck, snow blower and a weather gaurd. I have never seen a weather gaurd for one anywhere. It is kind of dry rotted. Is it a rare peice? I also got a 31 tiller a few weeks ago and plan on getting the whole thing running by spring.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Now that is what a vintage Deere 110 RF is supposed to look like. Don't do anything to it except get it running the way it is supposed to ... Gabby

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice 1965!

Reactions: steve_siere

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Nice find! I must disagree with Gabby, I love when they are restored nicely (not over the top) and still actually used. I have 2 RFs and a weather shield (thanks again Gabby) that I use regularly. Weather shield is fairly rare. I hope the 31 tiller you acquired is an early one as the later 31 doesn’t fit the RF.

My ‘67 112

My ‘66 110 a bit on the stuck side.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Morning all, question I can narrow to 65-66 between my knowledge of the differences in 64(mainly 3 bolt hubs for me) and the 67 welded on foot rests but how do you know it's 65 not 66 love learning the differences. Thanks

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
IIRC, the '65 has the short hitch plate in the rear like the '64. There is a triangular piece that can be bolted on to extend the hitch plate to look the same as the '66-'67 models. The '65 has a cast front axle like the later models, but the spindles are secured with a collar like the '64, instead of snap rings like the later ones.
There are probably other things, but those two things are what I remember.

Warning ! I'm not sure what I had for breakfast yesterday.

tommyhawk

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I haven’t found any, but I can assist you with assembly if you need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also recently bought a tractor from a man who bought it new.I studied the john deere 444k manuals for it here. After that, I cleaned and replaced some parts. It has been working for more than 6 months without breakdowns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts