Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inherited my granddads 1975 JD 214. It came with the plow, cultivator and 47 mower bed. My granddad purchased it new in 75 and used it regularly on his little 2 acre farm until 2015 when he passed away. I learned to drive it when I was younger and now desire to keep it operable for our 3 acre farm. I am having troubles with PTO engagement but will pursue info on that elsewhere.

By the way, for anyone who might consider doing this: I loaded the tractor routinely into my Tundra via ramps that were also my granddads. After having a local machinist do some work on it, I began driving it up into my truck (in his thick gravel driveway) only to have it roll backwards on me about 1/2 way up the ramps. Thankfully, I am alive with only a single broken rib (the 3rd, for any interested). Now, I have a few more repairs.

Thanks for permitting me here!
PWP

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
:welcome:My 111 decided to kick out the ramps while trying to load it into the back of my K10 w/ 6” lift. Luckily my 111 is a good bit lighter than your 214.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome! I think we have all done that at least once. Mine was a golf cart. Luckily it was stopped by its roof before going over. Glad you are ok!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Ramps.

I had a similar adventure with a single wide ramp and an MTD Riding mower. I was fortunate enough to ride
the tractor all the way down the ramps, although my wife and daughter were terrified. It was not my first rodeo.

Let people here know what parts you need, and someone will probably have them available.
I have 200-series parts but most of them are for newer tractors. Some parts will fit any tractor in the series.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts