Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, wonderful forum you have here with lots of information. I just wanted to post some pics of my 300 as it is now and before i start to restore in the winter.

my oldest (2) is obsessed with tractors or anything with four wheels and looks like a tractor. He calls it a "big buck"

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am in the process of taking my 47" snowblower apart to touch up some rust. I found the below thread which has been very helpful.

http://www.wfmachines.com/discus/messages/60944/188938.html?1356050349

My problem is getting the locking collar off. I took out the set screw but it doesn't seem to be budging. That does need to come off, right? The outer impeller bearing retainer is off but I presume the assembly won't come out unless I get the locking collar off so it can clear the inner impeller bearing retainer. Is that correct? If so, any additional suggestions?

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Usually the collar has a hole on it that you tap with a punch while holding the shaft still to turn it a bit. Try one way and if nothing happens tap it the other direction. The collar and the bearing are egg shaped to lock it together. The set screw is to keep it in the locked position. Roger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.