Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I am 39 yrs old and I am from Germany near Nuremberg (Franconia). My hobby is everything that makes "wrooooom" when you press the start button. (Yes, of course. An electric engine has much torque. But the sound of a combustion engine and the smell of gas is what makes live worth living. ;) )
In 2016 I joined this forum to learn more about the JD tractors. Unfortunately the classic Jonnys are hardly offered in "good old Germany". And if there is one for sale, it is ridiculously expensive.

15 years ago I bought a 1981 Uniropa with a 7 HP B&S engine from my friend's father-in-law. That was the first time I got in touch with the "Inch size" nuts and bolts.
A couple of days ago I bought a 1980 Agria Tractor with an 11HP B&S engine and a Peerless 3-speed transmission. It was stored in a back-yard for several month and didn't start.
Agria is a German company known for it's heavy duty products. But I assume this tractor was made in the US and Agria only stuck their name on the hood. Every nut and bolt is inch.

Now the Briggs engine is overhauling (inlet valve was leaking), set up (carb and ignition) and it's running perfectly. The only issue that is left, is a leaking transmission. Maybe I can find out more about the Peerless/Tecumseh stuff.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Welcome back. I have a Gutbrod 2500 sold here in the states as a Wheelhorse D250. Nice looking tractor imo but it is not without issues. Mine is now unfortunately sitting on the side of my yard as art. Not the easiest tractor to operate even worse when it has the issues it has. It does have a front end loader and a rear box blade. So that alone made it worth the cost of entry for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Old machines always need some attention and maintenance. Same on the Uniropa. It's consuming a lot of oil and its smoking blue but it is running smoothly.
I am going to be in the garage tomorrow. So I will be able to take some photos.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Welcome back Stefan.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
What no pics yet?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·