Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 140-3H with it's original 14 hp motor ran good all summer until this colder weather started ..I attached my small trailer to get firewood and when I turned the key I got nothing no cranking or anything I checked the battery and it's good ...any help with this matter will be appreciated ...johnny

· Registered
2,614 Posts
Check you battery connections, ground connections first.
I've had corroded connections and gotten same issue.
After that if good then can dig a little deeper

· Registered
1,289 Posts
Check the hydro lever switch too. They are pretty simple, but the terminals can get rusty and break.

You can pull the lever left, while you crank, and see if it helps. (If it's a simple burned/dirty connection or adjustment issue)

Reactions: DEERE317

· Registered
2,276 Posts
Check the hydro lever switch too. They are pretty simple, but the terminals can get rusty and break.

You can pull the lever left, while you crank, and see if it helps. (If it's a simple burned/dirty connection or adjustment issue)
Yup. Check for power to both spades on the nss with the hydro lever depressed on the switch. Then I always check for power to the blue wire going to starter solenoid when key is turned to start. If you have power there it’s a solenoid or starter problem, if not it isn’t.

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check you battery connections, ground connections first.
I've had corroded connections and gotten same issue.
After that if good then can dig a little deeper
I checked everything you said and all checked out then I gave it a boost and it started right up ..I must of left the ignition on or something but I got it going so thanks for letting me know it might be the battery ...really appreciate it johnny

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup. Check for power to both spades on the nss with the hydro lever depressed on the switch. Then I always check for power to the blue wire going to starter solenoid when key is turned to start. If you have power there it’s a solenoid or starter problem, if not it isn’t.
thank you so much it turned out to be the battery after all I gave it a boost and she fired right up...thanks again for your help johnny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts