Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed from a mid 80s 420. Included is whats pictured. Will need to be cleaned. The 420 came from a clay area and it doesn’t rinse easy!

$175 plus shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
What types of attachments are used with these? 3pth uses factory hydro correct?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Thank you Thomas :) good luck with the sale. Does it require any other special hardware for the lines to be installed or do the 420/430's come with ports blocked off ready for installation?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It comes with the two TEE fittings that screw into the valve body. These lines then attach to the bottom TEE. It uses factory hardware to attach the bracket that holds the couplers. The rest of the lines just hug the frame.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Well gee Thomas, you sold me the rest of that hydro system, ( I think) so shoot me a price for this. I will be connecting it to a 12 volt electric valve rather than the "Tee" fittings. But it may make it simpler. More pictures please.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well gee Thomas, you sold me the rest of that hydro system, ( I think) so shoot me a price for this. I will be connecting it to a 12 volt electric valve rather than the "Tee" fittings. But it may make it simpler. More pictures please.
Joe you got all the factory lines for sure.
You never mentioned wanting rear remotes! This is from another 420 I ended up having to rob that one line you were missing from the initial parts you purchased. I will shoot you an email but can’t give you a shipping price til I get home from work tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Joe you got all the factory lines for sure.
You never mentioned wanting rear remotes! This is from another 420 I ended up having to rob that one line you were missing from the initial parts you purchased. I will shoot you an email but can’t give you a shipping price til I get home from work tomorrow.
That's fine. I was just jerking your chain a bit with the comment. I have always intended to install rear hydraulic couplings but wanted to wring out the system before I added that. I did the same on my 317, but to be honest, I have no real use for doing that. I have yet to plug anything into those connectors. I had in the back of my mind to convert the 317 to an independent lift for the rear tiller. Then use a switch on the dash to switch from the mower to the tiller.

Other than that, I'm just playing. Like a few mentioned above, there can't be a lot of uses for rear hydraulics. But you've always been good to deal with fair pricing and good service. Go ahead and shoot me a price you need for the parts. Shipping is beyond your control. It is what it is, as they say.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My rear remotes on my 430 are for my hyd MCS. I also have a homebrewed hydraulic top link I plan to use with a box blade in the upcoming weeks. Anxious to see how that works. Other than that mine stay capped. It’s just something “neat” to have.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
If it was $125 + shipping i'd have been all over it ;) but I'm just a poor boy. :(

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I’m not in Hollywood, San Francisco, Blackhawk, Palo Alto, Thousand Oaks or any other higher end area. I’m in Stockton, one of the armpits of the the Central Valley :/. Although Stockton is doing a lot of building lately and has a new amazon warehouse and shipping and receiving building as a port with 3 Amazon jet airplanes parked every night which are always coming and going. My mortgage is not bad compared to what people are paying to live in my neighborhood from recently purchased move ins. Those people can be paying 2 to 3x as much for a mortgage in my neighborhood. I suspect we will be seeing a housing crash and price correction soon though.

$175 for a dinner and a movie don’t make me laugh. I’ve never had that kind of money to blow on dinner and a movie but if I was to pay that much it would more than likely be a concert and dinner or the orchestra “never been to one” and dinner plus gas and bridge toll to get accross the bay into the city then parking as well. Then yeah $175 would be easy to spend for all that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea I’ve seen the shows where people are spending 700k on regular homes out there. Crazy. It’s similar here on the coast and in wealthy parts of Miami.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Yea I’ve seen the shows where people are spending 700k on regular homes out there. Crazy. It’s similar here on the coast and in wealthy parts of Miami.
Try the Naples area. The home we left three years ago is now worth $140k more than we sold it for.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
As a kid I grew up in the Bay Area. East bay “Fremont”. I could only dream of being able to afford to live there these days, granted I really don’t think I’d want to since traffic is always a problem lol, fishing in the area sucks these days and people in general there are not too friendly.

Reactions: jetjoe
1 - 18 of 18 Posts