Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a long shot, but what are the odds that someone one here would be willing to let me buy/rent/use their custom crank gear puller setup for an onan p218g?

I don’t think I have what I need to make my own and will be renting a puller from a local autoparts store

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look up onan on-420-0556 and you should see pictures of what is in the kit. There are some other part numbers that are the same kit I think also. A crank gear puller is part of it. Another part number for the kit is on-420-0549.
that would be a sweet kit to have. How much are you looking to sell it for?

· Premium Member
195 Posts
Probably a long shot, but what are the odds that someone one here would be willing to let me buy/rent/use their custom crank gear puller setup for an onan p218g?

I don’t think I have what I need to make my own and will be renting a puller from a local autoparts store
Check this out if you’ve not seen it.

Amazon has a timing gear puller for $22

· Registered
5,072 Posts
Pulling gears can be so much fun. my ZF5S42 trans main shaft was a PITA

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Wheel

· Registered
4 Posts
You can buy unthreaded rods at home depot, lowes, whatever hardware store and add threads with a tap/die set. That's what I did to pull the gear off my 318 onan along with a cheap harbor freight puller set. It took some whacking with my hammer but it did eventually give in. I'm in MD if you feel like driving to Elkridge.

Aircraft Bicycle part Tool Automotive tire Gas

1 - 20 of 21 Posts