Weekend Freedom Machines banner

Original Paint Question

830 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  woodpecker41 
Alan, I repainted a 82' 314 this last spring and it had a funny blue/green paint on about half of it. It was the toughest paint I ever sand blasted,ground,stripped and sanded off anything.Hope yours is not the same. Farley

GRP and Dusti, Not sure if it was something to do with a degreaser being applied or what . Didn't ask the previous owner, he deals in quite a few of the older John Deere's so I am not sure how long he had it. When I was taking it off it looked to me like there were brush marks in the bluish parts of the paint. Made me think that someone used a quart of so of really off-brand cheap paint and a brush. I do know where ever it was it has tough and very thick to take off and where it was still JD green it was not that bad to get off. Farley

GRP, this is what it looks like before I finished the front rims and got the decals for the deck. Haven't taken any pics of it since then. Farley

(Message edited by kkortman112 on January 07, 2006)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.