Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to obtain some parts for my JD180 that needs a transmission rebuild (peerless mod 840a). Having a hard time finding parts online and part diagrams. Any advice would help. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,683 Posts
Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just redid the transaxle in my 116, which was an 801-060 if I remember right. The manual was a help, but parts diagrams were a challenge. On some pieces, I had to make an educated guess based on what other 80x parts diagrams showed. I think Sears Parts direct was where I finally found a Craftsman with a similar transaxle where the parts worked. Sorry I'm not much more help, but I definitely felt your pain.

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just redid the transaxle in my 116, which was an 801-060 if I remember right. The manual was a help, but parts diagrams were a challenge. On some pieces, I had to make an educated guess based on what other 80x parts diagrams showed. I think Sears Parts direct was where I finally found a Craftsman with a similar transaxle where the parts worked. Sorry I'm not much more help, but I definitely felt your pain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Twg1572 i purchased a 800 series used transmission. I saw that on the Sears Parts Direct as well, i was not sure that would word though

·
Registered
152 Posts
Google peerless/Tecumseh drive system shop manual. It is free to download in PDF format. Forgot I had it. LOL!

Attachments

Reactions: DEERE317
1 - 10 of 10 Posts