Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 1978 312 with a 48IN mower deck and model 54 front blade today for $850. It needs brakes but everything works and it moves under it's own power so I happy with it now I have to go get it. I also found out I don't have enough hours in the day to restore my 65 round fender that I picked up last year so I will be parting it out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tractor I bought last year had a fire and took out most everything under the hood and all the belts, lift mechanism, gas tank and a front and rear tire when the gas tank went up. Right now it is a basket case because the further I got the more I found damaged by the fire and my wife said one tractor is enough. I know it can not be restored in a 24 hour period and knew that going in but due to things out of my control at this point in my life I don't have the time or money to do the project. You are right it is a poor excuse I will post it as a hole in the classifieds with the couple of parts I purchased last fall. Thank you for the help guys.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
My first order of business is going through the deck. I bought a "Service Manual " off E-bay but it doesn't list the drive belt size for the deck and the current one is way beyond recognition.
Any help will be at all time greatly appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.