Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liquid Wood Fluid Plastic bottle Lighter

Wood Floor Wood stain Flooring Hardwood

Should the pickup screen set right on the bottom of inside of tank? I got the grommet off the fuel sender and the new one on without much issue at all. Is there adjustment in the low fuel sender by sliding spring up and down or is it a what you see is what u get?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
The way you have it is perfect. The only the is slide the grommet down so it can be installed first (after you insert the sender). Then push the grommet into the tank, then push the elbow through the grommet

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Slide the grommet down off the elbow but not off the sender, insert end of sensor into tank and work the grommet into the tank hole, then work the elbow into the grommet after the grommet is seated in the tank hole. Helps to use a little penetrating oil in the grommet hole to seat the elbow into the grommet. I think that's what he means...worked for me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I thought I would add the following comments:
1. There is an old DTAC solution that states the following: IF TESTING BEFORE INSTALLING IN TANK; IT TAKES UP TO THREE MINUTES FOR SENSOR TO HEAT UP ENOUGH TO TURN ON LOW FUEL LAMP. I recently changed my low fuel sensor recently and it took several minutes before the low fuel light came on.
2. Even while using the procedures indicated above I have installed several of the fuel tank fitting grommets, usually while muttering some phrases that I will not repeat here. In your initial photos it appears that you are properly prepared and have all the necessary "special tools" to properly install the low fuel sensor, including some of Lynchburg's finest! Good call.......

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I thought I would add the following comments:
1. There is an old DTAC solution that states the following: IF TESTING BEFORE INSTALLING IN TANK; IT TAKES UP TO THREE MINUTES FOR SENSOR TO HEAT UP ENOUGH TO TURN ON LOW FUEL LAMP. I recently changed my low fuel sensor recently and it took several minutes before the low fuel light came on.
2. Even while using the procedures indicated above I have installed several of the fuel tank fitting grommets, usually while muttering some phrases that I will not repeat here. In your initial photos it appears that you are properly prepared and have all the necessary "special tools" to properly install the low fuel sensor, including some of Lynchburg's finest! Good call.......
Thanks..yep Lynchburgs finest I love it! I'm kinda lost when you say special tools lol..oh I know what u mean now haha I just looked back at the picture lol. What is the best way to get the fuel lines through to the back of the tractor? I got the one smaller one through that hooks to the injector. Also how do I get fuel into the lines so it's easier to start

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry for the delay in responding, I was doing a little Kentucky sipp'in too......
When pulling out the original lines, I just duct tape a piece of wire (like a straightened clothes hanger or vinyl clothes line wire) to the last several inches of the old rubber hose. Then start slowly working the wire and hose out of the frame. It will come out, just be patient.
Once you have the tank installed, everything in the supply line hooked up, and fuel in the tank, loosen the front/forward bleed screw on the fuel filter. As soon as there is a stream of fuel without bubbles, tighten the bleed screw. Then loosen the rear bleed screw on the fuel filter until there is a stream of fuel without bubbles and the fuel filter is full. Then tighten the bleed screw. Then move to the inlet of the injection pump. and do the same thing. Then take a sip of Kentucky's finest and as soon as the glow plug light goes out turn the key to Start. The ol girl will be running before you can take another sip!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the delay in responding, I was doing a little Kentucky sipp'in too......
When pulling out the original lines, I just duct tape a piece of wire (like a straightened clothes hanger or vinyl clothes line wire) to the last several inches of the old rubber hose. Then start slowly working the wire and hose out of the frame. It will come out, just be patient.
Once you have the tank installed, everything in the supply line hooked up, and fuel in the tank, loosen the front/forward bleed screw on the fuel filter. As soon as there is a stream of fuel without bubbles, tighten the bleed screw. Then loosen the rear bleed screw on the fuel filter until there is a stream of fuel without bubbles and the fuel filter is full. Then tighten the bleed screw. Then move to the inlet of the injection pump. and do the same thing. Then take a sip of Kentucky's finest and as soon as the glow plug light goes out turn the key to Start. The ol girl will be running before you can take another sip!
Sweet..thanks for the info man I appreciate it! Keep on sipp'in!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts