Weekend Freedom Machines banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I may be going to go look at a 345 with a 48" mowing deck today . Seller says he has owned it for 3 months . Recently it would start but not stay running . He says he's not a DIY type so decided to sell .

He did tell me when he bought it the previous owner had replaced the engine ( liquid cooled Kawasaki ) from a Kubota . Supposedly the engine that was swapped in had 300 hours on it .

Pics look good so it doesn't look trashed/abused. Asking price 1k . Thoughts on the price ? Thoughts on the no run issue ? I have 1.5 acres of hilly rural lawn to mow . Currently my 332/430 are sick and I am attempting repairs . Any advice is appreciated .

· Registered
1,296 Posts
My first thought is, if you need a tractor to mow right now, cause 2 are not running, WHY would you buy a 3rd not running?
Next, you'll be chasing parts possibly from 2 dealers now. We all know how expensive parts have gotten recently, so that 1k that guy is asking is a joke.

While 345 is a very good tractor from what I've read, that one is more a boat anchor.
A few hundred bucks to take it off his hands, maybe. It could have multiple issues going on.
I'd bet he had it looked at, and knows what's wrong, and its expensive to fix. So he decided to sell and cut his losses and recoup some money.
I'd only be interested as a winter project, if at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.