Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
Yanmar Clacking
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m doing the same kind of thread I posted on GTT (but with the 50 series tractors) cause I love seeing y’all’s tractors! Today, we’re going with the bigger lawn n gardens.

Here’s my (very early) 1987 430! She’s a two owner vehicle (good friends with the original owner who bought it new!) and currently has 2594 hrs on it. It has the three point on the back but no 2000 rpm PTO. Current attachments I have for it are: 60 in deck, 54 in blade, and a Briny row plow. Post yours down below👇

·
Registered
778 Posts
Here are a couple of my Dad’s tractors. The 318 he bought brand new in 1988. Once we moved to our new house he bought the 1987 420 (only had 300 hours on it) and sold his 318. Fast forward 14 years and I found Dad had written the guy’s phone number down on a piece of paper when he had sold it. I convinced Dad to call him and see if he would sell it back to us, and he did! We rebuilt the engine on it last year and will probably repaint it this winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Neat story on the buy back...what’re the odds?

I was really excited to get it back! Dad still has all the original receipts from when it was bought new.

Reactions: DEERE317 and Tsb3

·
Registered
Yanmar Clacking
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are a couple of my Dad’s tractors. The 318 he bought brand new in 1988. Once we moved to our new house he bought the 1987 420 (only had 300 hours on it) and sold his 318. Fast forward 14 years and I found Dad had written the guy’s phone number down on a piece of paper when he had sold it. I convinced Dad to call him and see if he would sell it back to us, and he did! We rebuilt the engine on it last year and will probably repaint it this winter.
That’s awesome! Very cool

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
Neat story on bringing the new/old 318 back home, anything is possible yes?

Reactions: Tsb3 and jd140

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Here's my 430 just before I brought it home to NE Tejas, just south of the Indian Nations, from the show me state:
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

It's my ditching and general dirt work chaos machine.

Here's last year's project, the 322 rescued from Beavis and Butthead up in Oklahoma. Now it's my back up mower and general work mule:
Wheel Tire Tractor Riding mower Vehicle

Here's my first JD GT, the 212...even though this is the Hydrostatic forum. Got to include all the herd:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Here is my 317. As purchassed ... Rattle can paint job ... Repowder coated
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
... Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle
... Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Toy
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor

·
Registered
Yanmar Clacking
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's my 430 just before I brought it home to NE Tejas, just south of the Indian Nations, from the show me state:
View attachment 268258

Here's last year's project, the 322 rescued from Beavis and Butthead up in Oklahoma. Now it's my back up mower and general work mule:
View attachment 268260

Here's my first JD GT, the 212...even though this is the Hydrostatic forum. Got to include all the herd:
View attachment 268261
Nice, I like your 430 setup

·
Premium Member
8,960 Posts
Tmac, Dan and others,

Thanks for rescuing and cherishing the little 322 tractors -- these are my favorite model of the vintage 300 series !! Wish I still had the need for those that were in my herd on the last (much larger) property. They were a first year 1988 and a last year 1992 and are pictured facing each other below.
Wheel Tire Riding mower Plant Vehicle

I made several attachments for them -- including the center grading blade shown on the 1992, and a rear landscape rake.

Chuck

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
My first 318. Ignore the hood in as purchased photos. Tractor is a 1992 318
As purchased ... Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Lawn mower
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Green Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Riding mower

Rattle can paint job ... Lawn mower Riding mower Wheel Tire Vehicle
Lawn mower Riding mower Wheel Tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Tractor Automotive tire Tread

Repowder coated ... Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Tractor Green Lawn mower

Tractor was sold with restored mode 50 mower deck and model 49 snow blower w/model 50 hyd chute rotator.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here's a pic of everyone together and the 322 on tiller duty.
Just need a 420 and 430 for a full house.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here’s my 400 that my Father purchased new and I purchased from him in 97.

Tire Wheel Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

I have the blower, 54 blade, 60” mower and a 3 pt sprayer. Had the tiller for it. Sold that and the rear pto in the early 2000s because I never used it, (not a gardener) now I wish I still had it.
I dented the right side engine cover so had the local JD dealer bump and paint it. Now it’s brighter then the rest of the tractor.
I’ve been around this tractor since I was a kid. Love it!

·
Registered
Yanmar Clacking
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here’s my 400 that my Father purchased new and I purchased from him in 97.

View attachment 268279 View attachment 268280 View attachment 268278

I have the blower, 54 blade, 60” mower and a 3 pt sprayer. Had the tiller for it. Sold that and the rear pto in the early 2000s because I never used it, (not a gardener) now I wish I still had it.
I dented the right side engine cover so had the local JD dealer bump and paint it. Now it’s brighter then the rest of the tractor.
I’ve been around this tractor since I was a kid. Love it!
That’s very cool that you’ve known and been around that tractor for so long!

·
Premium Member
8,960 Posts
Gabby,

Quite an improvement on the 1992 over the flaking powder coat finish you got it with...the rattle can paint looks pretty good in the pictures, and the new powder coat is very nice -- did you get that done at a place that does lots of the Deere color? I had a 1992 318 that I got from a church property where none of the operators ever read the manuals, so it needed about everything adjusted that could be. Never got around to painting anything on it though. I added a front JohnnyBucket SR to it before I sold it, but kept another bucket for the 322 for the wife to use...
Wheel Tire Vehicle Riding mower Motor vehicle

AMVCANE -- gotta love those 30 H tillers on the little 322, mine was awesome.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Lawn mower

Chuck

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
I'm gonna wait for dark to acquire that lawn vacuum. (y)

View attachment 268258

View attachment 268260

View attachment 268261

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
1 - 20 of 208 Posts