Weekend Freedom Machines banner
241 - 260 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Wow, that poor ole has seen batter days! I can’t believe that was the same tractor as your other picture. What happened to that right front tire?
It was owned by a government office and used as a bleach sprayer since it was purchased new in 1991. That front tire was a solid block of rubber. And then it looked like someone had tried to cut the tire tread off of it? Made no sense to me haha.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I did not even know that was a thing until now

·
Registered
Yanmar Clacking
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·

I guess I need a 415 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice collection! Looks like they’re having a secret meeting or something lol

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Now that the brakes aren’t dragging I have some more pictures.
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Tractor

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
2,962 Posts

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
You need to check with Army for sidekick seating ideas/options...that Golden pup of yours is waiting for a ride no doubt.
Looks good...are you taking that one to the show you mentioned when you started on it?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
You need to check with Army for sidekick seating ideas/options...that Golden pup of yours is waiting for a ride no doubt.
Looks good...are you taking that one to the show you mentioned when you started on it?
Planning to, hoping to maybe get the 110 functional (And maybe fix it’s burnt wiring/VR problems) so it can have company.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
What is that deck off originally Merc?

Very nice 400 and an excellent upgrade! I tried an aftermarket suspension seat on one of mine but it was too tall. It was also awkward to get in the seat because of the wraparound armrests. Your seat looks right at home though. Pretty comfy looking too. Is that 400 in the Black Sheep thread? (y)

I too installed a suspension for my seat. Best addition so far!

Reactions: Merc1973

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Goldies are pretty tall so my advice is mount a seat for him behind you. If you put him in front you'll have to learn to drive using only your peripheral vision and it ain't easy :D

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
My top 10 list of keepers is never the same twice. This one is for the most nostalgic to me. If it was a list of the most useful items it would have the '80 blower 400 w/deck and a 54 blade at the top and the '75 400 2nd.

1. '50 Ford pickup
2. Model 71 Cub Cadet
3. '75 JD 400
4. '80 400 w/blower, cab, weights, 54 blade
5. EZGO golf cart
6. 5.0 Splash
7. 8N and 1/2N
8. Ford 860
9. Old Shiny
10. '76 Corvette

*1964 Massey Executive lawn tractor is right up there but belongs to my grandson now.
** JD L100

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Hey that's a good mod with the trimmer mount Jeeks. I spy with my little eye a winch on the front too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey that's a good mod with the trimmer mount Jeeks. I spy with my little eye a winch on the front too.
Yes, there's places I can get stuck on my property. I always carry the trimmer, a set of lops and a machete. I plan on building an ATV type rear rack so I can carry a small 12" chainsaw.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor

Wheel Tire Sky Automotive tire Tractor

My 2 318's together for the first time, LOL

241 - 260 of 298 Posts