Skwirl, you're killing me man!

• Haha
Reactions: Skwirl and DEERE317

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Heres my 2 diesel tractors. I'm enjoying the shake, rattle and roll, lol.
View attachment 268608
Oh yes, they rattle alright! When I shut down my 430, the engine rattles on the mounts like crazy (nothing wrong with it, just does it)

Reactions: Skwirl and DEERE317

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here I am riding my 43 year old 316 that I bought new waaaaayyyyyyy back when the beard was dark and I had hair. Sorry if all the exposed flesh bothers anyone, but I'm a fat old guy and I like to be dressed as cool as possible in the summer heat. Also take note that I don't have as much "belly room" as I used to. Something must have happened to the tractor. Other than the "belly room' she runs pretty much like the day I bought it. My best guess is it has about 2500 to maybe 3000 hours on it. The secret to such long engine life? Change the oil often, because oil is cheap, engines are not. I am on my second mower deck, the first one was just plain wore out after me using the tractor for a lawn maintenance business for 6 years.
2thumbnail.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sweet! Good luck on it👍 Let us know how it goes
Pulled it apart, cleaned everything up, checked the carb out and cleaned it, adjusted the valves since I was there, put it all back together, fired right up and idled perfect after I adjusted the carb. The restore won't be fast, but I'll do a little at a time. At least I know it runs and the hydro works!

I also love seeing everyone else's machines, seeing them and working on my own makes me want to collect some more!

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
You look way too serious when you mow Joe. :D

Here I am riding my 43 year old 316 that I bought new waaaaayyyyyyy back when the beard was dark and I had hair. Sorry if all the exposed flesh bothers anyone, but I'm a fat old guy and I like to be dressed as cool as possible in the summer heat. Also take note that I don't have as much "belly room" as I used to. Something must have happened to the tractor. Other than the "belly room' she runs pretty much like the day I bought it. My best guess is it has about 2500 to maybe 3000 hours on it. The secret to such long engine life? Change the oil often, because oil is cheap, engines are not. I am on my second mower deck, the first one was just plain wore out after me using the tractor for a lawn maintenance business for 6 years.
View attachment 268639

·
Registered
4,937 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thought I would add my experience to this tread. Here is a link to my 318 restoration from a few years back. I purchased the tractor new in 1987 and still use it today! I now 2 318's. This one for summer grass and another with cab and big blower for winter.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Very nice herd Jeff. What does that really nice old trail plow pull like? There was one for sale around here not long ago that I considered acquiring.
Thank you.
That “really old” trailer plow was built in 2017 by Glenn P for me using 10” Brinly moldboards. It is styled after a JD 44H plow. It works very well. I’d post some videos, but don’t know how.
D23D35F9-E3C3-4B00-ADA8-A80C7D3052AC.jpeg
B1B3426E-246E-43FE-8A26-51E1CACAC494.jpeg
1B4D598A-1B7E-4222-B2D6-41292D7F7D31.jpeg
91F3CE28-E956-4E37-BE00-603041588E40.jpeg
C46BA9D4-422A-4A44-8DE1-EA4E17E4EFE1.jpeg
EF3ECFA2-2C2C-432B-BC81-46AE72629B57.jpeg
5E085DA0-2472-41C5-8341-B54350461C20.jpeg
4CE4B673-F896-454C-AF96-AE0BD0352EB7.jpeg
63EAAA7D-368B-4DB9-A63D-9C70E010DF94.jpeg

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Pulled it apart, cleaned everything up, checked the carb out and cleaned it, adjusted the valves since I was there, put it all back together, fired right up and idled perfect after I adjusted the carb. The restore won't be fast, but I'll do a little at a time. At least I know it runs and the hydro works!

I also love seeing everyone else's machines, seeing them and working on my own makes me want to collect some more!
Nice job! Them little gas jobs are tough

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Jeff, where'd you get that rear 3 pt. bucket? Any details you can share...never seen such, but I am not well traveled.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
All right fellas, keep your eyes peeled at the corner of Mouse Creek and Sweet Gracie!
I don't live there anymore. So you may be disappointed.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Great shot! The loader uprights have often been referred to as goal posts. Maybe it's been figured out now but despite quite a few discussions nobody ever seemed to know why they extend up above the crossbar. What's your theory Skwirl?

Heres my 2 diesel tractors. I'm enjoying the shake, rattle and roll, lol.
View attachment 268608

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I read an old thread on 40 loaders, it said Deere used to sell work lights for the loader and they went at the top of the goal posts.
Seems reasonable enough.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Great shot! The loader uprights have often been referred to as goal posts. Maybe it's been figured out now but despite quite a few discussions nobody ever seemed to know why they extend up above the crossbar. What's your theory Skwirl?
Roll over protection, with a side benefit of a light mount.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts